Mautic Community Forums

Cannot login after a broken update

Same error message on the logs:

mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException: Too many arguments, expected arguments “command”. (uncaught exception) at /home/mymauticsite/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php line 182 while running console command mautic:broadcasts:send

I’ve tried that a lot of time. All the troubleshooting steps Mautic’s documentation indicates I did.

So you used your panel’s file manager to delete that folder? I’m not talking about using the script.

=====

When you used a fresh install with your old local.php, everything worked correctly, right?

Hi MxyzptlkFishStix, Thanks for helping.

I’ve tried with script, and in the last test I’ve deleted it by SSH as I asked for the access to my ISP. Same problem.

When I fresh install and put my old local.php back, the error is the same, its why I think something on my local.php is the responsable for this issue.

Regards.

I did a diff of your local.php with mine. Outside of differences between logins/pass/domains/mail/etc., I don’t see any problems.

What version of Mautic did you upgrade from?

from 2.15.1

I do not understand what is the problem. I’ve tried do upgrade, it didn’t work and Mautic stop working. So I followed all the troubleshooting document steps, change php version, change max_limit php values, etc and all the new error_logs was clean except for this one with this error message. I tried everything and nothing work so I did a fresh install in a new server, changed the local.php variables manually to point it to the old database and it works. Just to test, I copied local.php from old installation and put it on the new server and got the same error. So I export the old database, import on a database server on the new installation and now its working.

I kept this issue opened because it could help someone with the same problem. I kept the old installation with problem to try to figure out how to fix it and learn more about mautic.

You could always try a diff of the two different directories (broken upgrade and fresh 2.15.3) and see what’s different between the two as far as files go.

diff -qr /directory/of/broken/mautic /directory/of/fresh/mautic

Based on what you’ve posted, it doesn’t seem like that upgrade processed the zip file extraction properly.

1 Like

yes, but following the troubleshooting steps, I’ve download a fresh install on the old server, put local.php back and the problem still the same. So the files on the old server already is a fresh copy. Thats why I said the problem might be on the local.php. Because it’s the only different file that causing problems.

The different thing I have on the old Mautic and new one is that on the old server I was using Sparkpost API to send mails and on the new one I’m using ElasticMail

Are you deleting the entire old installation first or are you overwriting the old installation with new files?

I’ve deleted entire installation and extract the new files from the zip downloaded.

You said that you tried a fresh install on another host, using your old local.php, and everything worked, correct?

No. I tried a fresh install on another host, using old database but with the old local.php the error is the same. If I use the new local.php and just point it to the old database server, it works fine.

Move your new local.php to the old install and see if that solves your problem. The local.php might have DOS carriage returns. Do the former or convert the “bad” local.php to Unix format.

DOS2Unix

do not work. I copied local.php that is working to the installation that do not work and chage the variables to the installation that do not work. Check DOS carriage and it’s correct. The login page appears, but when insert user and password it just reload the page and the same error is logged:

[2019-10-30 21:54:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException: Too many arguments, expected arguments “command”. (uncaught exception) at /home/mysiteuser/public_html/mautic/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php line 182 while running console command mautic:broadcasts:send

That mautic:broadcasts:send error is from incorrect variables added to it. Have you tried to login/access your install via incognito mode?

I’ve tried it cleaning all cache, history, different browsers, etc. In all cases same error, with the old local.php

With the new local.php same errro, but in incognito it works !!!

Everytime I changed local.php I’ve cleaned cache.

No I don’t know yet what is the problem. LoL

Something in your browser profile is corrupted. If it’s working in incognito, but not in regular mode, it’s not Mautic.

You need to clear out the cookies and stored data for your install. Follow the steps below. If that doesn’t work, you might have to go all out and delete the entire browser cache. Just unselect the items like Download History and Password data if you want to retain them.

About this last step ok. After using the new local.php file it worked. What I do not know, is the real problem before using this new local.php file. What is wrong in the old php file.

1 Like

As I said before, that old local.php you posted to pastebin was in DOS format. That could be the culprit. I don’t know for certain. Post the new local.php to pastebin and I can compare them.

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/pf204Lu7