Mautic Community Forums

Who Wants Folders for Mautic Emails: Crowdfund this?

My idea is:
Create a hierarchy for Emails tab in Mautic. Not really my idea as it has been written about quite a lot.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: People running high amount of campaigns, and probably the entire community

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Even with Categories it gets a little hectic inside emails when you have over 50-500 emails there…

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Are you willing to work on this idea?: I wish!! If I had the ability I would do it.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Someone that knows Mautic Development.

Maybe a developer out there could quote on such a thing and we could do a crowdfund from the community to support it.

So if anyone wants to give an estimate of the effort involved and costs I am happy to contribute and we can see if anyone else is in for a few dollars

Hi Mike,

This sounds remarkably like it fits in with the Resource Management Initiative that we are kicking off.

My vision for this was twofold - one to allow exporting of resources like campaigns, and two to look at better management of resources along the lines of what is discussed in the Archive old emails feature request, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be expanded to include some kind of hierarchy.

Here’s the Doodle poll for the initiative, do join if you’re able, and the Slack channel is #i-resource-management.

Hi Mike,

Quick update for you, we have some folks who are looking at starting work on this. We will be coordinating it in the #i-resource-management channel. They will be sharing some wireframes and a proposal for how it will move forward.

If you’d like to be involved in this do please join the slack channel!