πŸ’– An hour of your time today could make Mautic even more awesome!

Every Friday we come together in the Mautic Community to test bug fixes, features and improvements to Mautic, and work on fixing any current issues that have been reported.

It’s a great way to give something back to Mautic, even if you only have an hour.

We’re here to help you get started however you want to contribute, just drop us a message on Slack in #contribution or reach out to me directly.

Product Team

Mautic users

Pretty much all bug fixes, features and improvements can be tested fully in the browser thanks to our integration with Gitpod, making it very quick and easy to test.

Every single bug fix and feature in Mautic will have been tested by at least two people just like you - users of Mautic, who give a bit of their time back to help Mautic.

Check the fixes, features and enhancements that need testing here: Open Source Friday 02/12/2022 Β· Issue #11776 Β· mautic/mautic Β· GitHub.

Developers

If you are a developer, we have some bugs that we would like to look into (check the issue queue on GitHub), and we also have some tasks to get started with for our Symfony 5 upgrade. Drop us a line in Slack to find out where you can help!

How to get involved

If you have some time available on Friday, please join us in Slack in #t-product. We will help you to get started and walk through your first tests until you are confident.

Here is the list of things that we want to focus on today:

Marketing Team

Planning our FOSDEM presence

Next spring we will be attending FOSDEM in Belgium, and we really want to make the most of our presence there. We need to plan things like an email campaign to make people aware of the event, social media posts, marketing material to have on hand on the day, and maybe even a demo environment that we can use to show people how awesome Mautic is.

Articles for the blog

Do you have a great topic that you would like to share with our community about marketing, Mautic, or any related topics? We’d love to hear from you!

Write a review

We would value your review on either G2 or Trust Radius - it really helps when people are considering whether to use Mautic to read reviews from other users.

Calling Wikipedia editors!

We are struggling to have our Wikipedia page created - we would value help from experienced Wikipedia editors to assist with this!

Want to get involved? Join us in #t-marketing on Slack!

Education Team

Writing and translating articles for the Knowledgebase

We already have the KB in English and German, and work is underway to complete the translation into Portuguese. We’d love to have more articles and more languages! Want to help? Join #contribution and #t-education on Slack and we can get you set up! Here’s how to write articles as a starting point.

Community Team

Local meetups

Want to organise a local meetup or event about Mautic? We’d love to hear from you! Drop into #t-community and we can help you get started!

Legal & Finance team

It’s that time again … budgeting time! We will be reviewing the financial situation, determining our current and forecasted position, and preparing our 2023 budget for approval by the Mautic Community Council. Join #t-legal-finance to get involved!

Am using my lunch break for a bit of testing. Good coffee in hand (and ginger tea next to me as well) I feel prepared to use gitpod again. :smiley:

Just wanted to say, that gitpod makes it really simple to help in testing. Thanks for offering this so that a technical hurdle has been removed.

It is awesome isn’t it! Makes everything so much easier for regular Mautic users to jump in and test a bug fix or feature!

1 Like

Absolutely. Just one addition I would add to the description of the How to test this part" in any PR. I would advise the tester to wait for the gitpod instance to finish starting as it will show the URL that one can use (together with the credentials) when installing is finished.

I was frantically looking for the info of how to open the UI when it finished installing and I was slapping my forehead for being impatient. :wink:

Maybe this would additionally remove a potential source of irritation for some?

1 Like

Good suggestion - we can add it to the docs (and maybe to the GitHub PR template). Would you like to make that change? There is an edit button at the bottom of the page on the docs :wink:

1 Like

hi @rcheesley,

:white_check_mark: done.

1 Like