CORS Problems out of the Blue

so I remmebered there was a post to hide the calendar which used myscript.js (How hide calendar menu item - #3 by robm)

So I went and put this back to the way it should be, i.e. original Mautic file and I am getting the following console error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () submit:1

In the log the only error I am seeing (and I am not sure this is related as this is a high traffic site) is the following:

2022/06/30 07:44:59 [error] 1325325#1325325: *11445 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/mautic/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php on line 106" while reading response header from upstream, client: 11.11.111.11, server: mymaiutic.com, request: "PATCH /api/contacts/411274/edit HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock:", host: "mymaiutic.com"

Although I checked this contact id and it is an actual user so I do not think this error is related.