DB Hurley has left Aquia. What are your thoughts?

Hi Yosu,

Here is a bit of official feedback that I can give on behalf of the Mautic Community Leadership team:
Basically, the situation of DB as “project lead but non-Acquia” had not been envisioned in the Governance Model, therefore role and competency have to be clarified quickly together with Acquia - once that is out of the way, we will be back to having a proactive project lead.
(With emphasis on proactive. It is not at all like DB has gone; he does react and respond in day-to-day business, currently simply refrains from taking the lead).

I would like to add some personal comments to this:

• I completely agree that the radio silence we had lately on the situation is bad communication. Frankly, the delay and lack of information and the resulting vacuum made me worry too.
  • In that regard, I appreciate the fact that you openly addressed the issue, which helps in resolving the situation, getting rid of the vacuum. My personal goal is to be there by next week.
  • On the other hand, while I do understand that you call your post an “opinion”, I still find it problematic to do this in wild speculation, personal insults, and certainly in click-bait manner - as opposed to constructive contribution within the community. We are all trying to work towards exactly what you demand, so why not be part of it instead of complaining from the outside? (This is a serious invitation!)
  • Plus, last and more general remark: I am quite happy that the community is currently growing more and more mature. Things like style of leadership and even your personal relationships with individuals may even look much better in the new context. I would ask everyone to be open and positive about it.

Thanks,
Ekke

7 Likes