Magento Newsletter Extension

I need an extension for Magento that will work with Mautic for the newsletter

So anyone that opts to join our newsletter either on site or on the checkout page - basically anyone that opts in and ends up on magentos internal newsletter list - that these people are also added to mautic with the appropriate “tag”

Anyone that can develop this for me im willing to pay the going rate and release it to the community

THANKS

I need an extension for Magento that will work with Mautic for the newsletter
So anyone that opts to join our newsletter either on site or on the checkout page - basically anyone that opts in and ends up on magentos internal newsletter list - that these people are also added to mautic with the appropriate “tag”

Anyone that can develop this for me im willing to pay the going rate and release it to the community

THANKS

@69thelememt
Before you do that I recommend you check out these threads:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7236-any-mautic-version-that-doesn-t-end-with-9-is-not-fit-for-use-i
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/6869-goodbye-mautic-huge-discrepancy-terribly-inaccurate-page-hit-tr

And keep in mind, some of the people who posted in the second thread used to be very enthusiastic contributors to the Mautic community.
So, reading those threads can save you a lot of time (and money).

i dont think Mautic is dead by a long shot - I judged it for my needs and for those it works well

Well, once you do a thorough testing of this software you’re gonna have another “judgment”.
Good luck!

I know mautic - and although you stand by your “straight and forward approach” on that thread and your idea is good for the versioning and I get your frustration - You do come across as a complete dick! a testament to this is that you are now actively jumping on my post to spoil progress when you have no legitimate reason to do so… will you just be trolling all forum posts from now on - like a child because you feel no one is listening enough? Maybe you will start a revolution

Good news is like me there will be a people out there that believe in the community and will work and build together to get a better end product - Can i ask that if you do not have anything positive to just not comment

Aha! So, you’re one of those people who like to sing kumbaya and hallelujah in order to fix a problem.
Fair enough.
Good luck and lots of fun in your singing sessions! :slight_smile:

what do you suggest then? Is there one actually buried amongst all your moaning and throwing toys?

I suggest you add your vote here:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7401-polishing-the-turd
because depending on the results of that vote,
we might get a permanent fix for this structural, systemic problem.

I could not agree more, you understand the philosophy behind open source – we all pitch in as as community to help solve the issues and improve the product. Even when some never contribute and not only do some never contribute, but if some continually complain, we continue to contribute to the open source project.

There are many ways to contribute and I’ve given @abb several different methods:

• He complained the documentation was shit, so I handed him instructions on how to update the documentation, no programming required, but he said NO.

• His main complaint is the software is too buggy, so I gave him instructions on how to download patches and test them, no programming required and is easy. He said NO.

• I offered to show him how to submit patches, but he said NO.

He is probably a smart kid, claims to manage release cycles for a software product, but his abrasive approach is wearing thin on many of us (given the number of private conversations that people have initiated with me to discuss his behaviour) and while I defend his right to say what he wants, I don’t run this place nor do I control the ban hammer.