New user, customizing mautic

Hi, I’m developer from ecommerce and I’m testing mautic.

It’s a powerfull tool, but I have some questions about develop new features.

We need add more features to mautic, but looking source code looks like can’t change or add features without modify core code.

For example:

I want add more slot types in email editor, for add this slot types we need modify app/bundles/CoreBundle/Event/BuilderEvent.php

I suppose that would lose new updates off mautic, because i make a fork of project.

Or make merge’s when mautic update versions.

Another example:

I need syncronize my customers with contacts of mautic, what it’s the best way?

Maybe creating cronjob that syncronize data?

For this I can develop my own plugin?

I’m right ?

A lot of thanks.

Hi, I’m developer from ecommerce and I’m testing mautic.

It’s a powerfull tool, but I have some questions about develop new features.

We need add more features to mautic, but looking source code looks like can’t change or add features without modify core code.

For example:
I want add more slot types in email editor, for add this slot types we need modify app/bundles/CoreBundle/Event/BuilderEvent.php
I suppose that would lose new updates off mautic, because i make a fork of project.
Or make merge’s when mautic update versions.

Another example:
I need syncronize my customers with contacts of mautic, what it’s the best way?
Maybe creating cronjob that syncronize data?
For this I can develop my own plugin?

I’m right ?

A lot of thanks.

I’m not sure about what version are you talking about, but if Mautic 2.x.x, then you can create a new slot in the BuilderSubscriber in your plugin like this:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/blob/staging/app/bundles/PageBundle/EventListener/BuilderSubscriber.php#L128-L135

But there are questions whether to even keep the Page/Email builder when everything can be done in the Froala Editor. It might happen that the next big release won’t have the builder at all.

To sync the contacts, you can use the CSV import, fake form submission, tracking pixel URL query, API and/or webhooks.

Hi escopecz,

I’m talking about Mautic 2.x.x. , I understand that I need modify core app bundles to create new slot’s types.

Thx for answers.

No, that’s not what I meant. You can build your own plugin with your own BuilderSubscriber.php class and subscribe any slot you want in the builders.

Can I use froala to modify forms into my own theme?