Selecting proper company in email token

Manually / automatically removing contacts from segment will NOT automatically add them again. Thats the expected behavior.

1 Like

Hi @dirk_s,

Is it also expected behaviour that the contact doesn’t get added the next day?

I’m using arrival dates and we have a case that someone has a arrival day, for example, today and tomorrow.

Today he is in the segment and that triggers the campaign to send him a mail. After the mail is send, the contact gets removed from the segment. According to the second arrival date the contact should be added to the segment the next day, but that didn’t happen.

Is that a second segment? This should not be related to manual removal from segment one.

No it’s the same segment. The segment should be daily refreshed, but I noticed that a contact that was removed at day one, didn’t got back into the segment on day 2, while he met the filter settings of the segment.

Not sure if I fully understand your scenario - why do you remove the contact at day 1 just to readd the contact at day 2?

Maybe you can use two different dynamic segments for that?

Hi @dirk_s

I’m using Mautic as a reservation platform. I want to setup a campaign that guests receive a mail 14 days before their arrival date. I setup a segment which checks which guest are arriving in 14 days. They will be added to the segment and start a campaign which sends them a mail. Then at 0:00 the next day people are removed from the segment and the campaign because they don’t match the filter criteria.
But if there are guests with two arrival dates for two consecutive days (for example: they made a second reservation for familymembers with a arrival day one day later) it’s works a bit different.

In my initial setup I had contacts removed from the segment with a campaign action. But I noticed they where not added the second day when they would again meet the filter requirements.

I now got it working without the change segment action. I use a “jump to event” action with a wait one day option. So the next day if guests are still matching the filter criteria they will be in the segment and will receive a second mail.

Does it make any sense?

Where do you store the arrival date? If its one person, you will have one arrival date in a custom field? Where will the second arrival date be stored? Do you use the custom objects plugin?

I wouldn’t worry to much and only send them one time per trip through the campaign, no matter if other family members arrive a day later.

I would need to double check, but when a segment adds a person to a campaign, removing it from the segment shouldn’t automatically remove the person from the campaign too. Is this the case?