Send a "Tracking" POST withou Pageview?

ive try it again. thanks joe.

This would be great - after much researching I see it has never been implemented. Does anyone have any experience with this topic and how to send data on event without having to send page view?

There was a plugin that could possibly be used as a base to write in a new function, it is the old mautic recommender plugin: https://docs.mtcextendee.com/ where instead of using page view, he has created the RecommenderEvent plugin.

Any thoughts?

I can share you the hacky way 'im dealing with situations like this.

There is a client, where we have a bunch of different events with different values.
A custom solution would have cost a lots of time / money, and ofc the client also didn’t really know what they want. And they wanted right away.

A custom solution would allow the page to submit events and store them in the events table. I was thinking: I don’t really need the events table. Any table will do.

So I created forms in Mautic for different category of events, and when the contact does something, i push the ‘event’ as a form submit. I can do this with an ajax call directly from the website or via server to server communication via POST.

• The Form tab plugin will allow me show the ‘events’ under the contact, which made the client really happy.
  • The Twig templates plugin can pull form submissions as an array, so I can use the ‘events’ in emails.
  • The SQL Plugin allows me to make campaign decisions based on my custom ‘events’.

I’m also looking at this:

Might be a good addition.

Regards:
Joey