Assign contacts collected on a focus item to a segment

Your software
My Mautic version is:v4.4.5
My PHP version is:7.4.32
My Database type and version is:5.7.40

Your problem
My problem is:
I am collecting emails trough a focus item popup and I need to assign them to a certain segment so I could email to them later.

I don’t know how to achieve that.
Thank you,
Daniel

no one ? at least a clue please

this is simple action at form level to change segment. however support it’s really poor.

Support for what?

Hello @joeyk - I had 2 stupid simple questions and no one replies for multiple days .

it’s a pitty because it seems that product it’s complex and nice.

This form action to change segment it’s really simple I should have looked deeper.

For second question to make a focus item/ modal form to close after form submission no one answered and this is trailing for years…

thank you,
Daniel

Plz give the forum a little time, nice people hang out here and they help for free. I think most forum readers are still in the stage of carb coma after xmas, and more activity is expected after new years.

Regarding your first question:

This form action to change segment it’s really simple I should have looked deeper.

Correct.

Second question:

For second question to make a focus item/ modal form to close after form submission no one answered and this is trailing for years…

I think it it’s coded in a way, that it doesn’t disappear.

1. If the form embedded into the focus item has a success text, then that is displayed. The conacts can close after reading the success message.
  2. If you use redirect, then the contact is redirected, I just tested it.

I’m sure you can add JS to close the modal/notification, etx. after X seconds of submission.

1 Like

thank you @joeyk - your answer really made the difference . I see that you are present and answering a ton of cases !

fact it’s that I have one ecommerce site + one blog in subdomain and mautic in another subdomain.

I am collecting / poping-up forms on ecomm site and blog , focus form item from mautic subdomain.

I have read again thread of emails from https://forum.mautic.org/t/focus-item-form-modal-popup-not-closing-after-form-submission/8900
and I think that my problem it’s that I am missing mautic-form.js file . I will look further.

Once again thank you !