Can't create numeric custom field

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.0
My PHP version is: 7.4.30
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.3.34

Your problem
My problem is: I’m moving from shared hosting to Digital Ocean, and recreating my working Mautic instance. I’ve always used a custom field for the contact’s age. When I attempt to create a custom field with a data type of Number, I get the following error upon saving the field:
This form should not contain extra fields.

If I change the data type to Text, the field saves without an error.

These errors are showing in the log: None

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I’ve tried changing the rounding mode and precision, but that does not fix the problem.

Update: I get the same error when I try to create a custom field with data type phone. I haven’t tried all of the different data types, but I’ve seen that text and email types work.

I’ve found a work-around: I am able to clone an existing field that has the right data type. I’m concerned, though, that the fact that I can’t create the field may be masking a larger problem.

I dug a bit deeper into this by first adding a new test numeric field to my Mautic 4.3 implementation. The field was added with no issue. I then upgraded that implementation to Mautic 4.4 and repeated the test. After the upgrade, I am unable to add field that are numeric. I’m assuming that this is a bug, and will be fixed.

Same here… anyone have a solution. I tried to use their new TextArea which support html and getting that same error as well “This form should not contain extra fields” when trying to add a new field.

Really hope someone can help with this as the TextArea with HTML support is extremely useful. Is there a way we can manually create it in the database directly while a bug fix is out

This fix is working:

Probably will be included in 4.4.1.
Until then you can apply (1 line of code)

1 Like