Changing the language on the form

Hello

My Mautic version is: v3.3.4

I am creating a new form.
Is it possible to create a form in which there is an option to select the language of the field descriptions?

I would like to create an additional version, e.g. in English, so that people from outside my country (and without knowledge of my language) but who know English can change the form settings and see the field descriptions in English.

Is this possible and how do I do it?
I can of course make two separate forms in two languages, but I prefer to ask about this possibility first.

Thank you.

Hi @mojo,

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s possible to select multiple languages for a form. When configuring the form, you can only choose one language.

You’ll likely need to create two different forms.

One solution - that I see - is to use a translation tool or plugin on your website to translate your form from English to another language. Additionally, you can create a field called “Country” in the form, allowing users to select their country. This way, you can segment users based on the country they selected, differentiating them accordingly.

If you’re using WordPress, there’s a free Google Translate plugin that instantly translates your page, so translating your form won’t be an issue: GTranslate. However, remember that you won’t know the user’s language unless you create that country field!

I hope this helps!
Best regards,
Ricardo

Hi @mojo
Unfortunately, ATM there is no such feature. You will need to create two forms. The good news is, if you clone an existing form, this is done in a matter of minutes.

all the best, Adrian

I was also thinking about a translation plugin.

I have another idea. I will add English text as hints under the original texts.

Having two identical forms (and a whole set of campaigns, emails) is much more difficult and slightly destroys statistics and data.

So I submit a small idea to add additional languages ​​as translation of the field descriptions. The entire form, campaign - remains the same.

Thanks for the help.