ClassNotFoundException: Attempted to load class "FormSubscriber" from namespace "MauticPlugin\MauticRecaptchaBundle\EventListener"

Upgrading from 2.16.5 to 3.2.4
My PHP version is 7.2.34 :
My MySQL/MariaDB version is 5.0.12-dev

The upgrade says that it runs successfully, but I get a 500 error and this following error logged in PHP:

Updating/Installing Error: ClassNotFoundException: Attempted to load class “FormSubscriber” from namespace “MauticPlugin\MauticRecaptchaBundle\EventListener”
*I am upgrading via Command Line"

These errors are showing in the installer : ClassNotFoundException: Attempted to load class “FormSubscriber” from namespace “MauticPlugin\MauticRecaptchaBundle\EventListener”

These errors are showing in the Mautic log : n/a

These errors are showing in the upgrade_log.txt file (located in the root of your Mautic instance when an upgrade has been attempted - ensure you remove or redact any sensitive data such as domain names in the file path) :

Your problem
My problem is I’m getting a 500 error. The errors seems related to the Captcha plugin. However, the upgrade instructions instructed me to remove the plugin before upgrading. I believe that I have adequate resources allocated in php.ini: ex:1024M in memory, 240 in max execution time/max input time, etc. :

Steps I have tried to fix the problem : I disabled the plugin, deleted it, and removed the cache. Even after doing this, I’m getting the error and getting nothing but a 500 error.

1 Like

When you login to your ssh as root and give commands as root then you spoil the cache file system by generating files with the wrong owner. Files have to be generated with the user that runs apache or nginx. Often this is user www-data.

".