Duplicate Id On Form Submit (overwrite previous contact)

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.2
My PHP version is: 7.1

Your problem
My problem is:

how to avoid this to happen again?.

Some new optin used duplicate contact id, resulting the previous optin information got overwrites (email, firstname, mobile) but the previous activity log not. totally messed up the contact info.

tested with my own emails, it works fine. but when actual customer data sometimes it will happen.

These errors are showing in the log: sorry, forgot about this, i deleted all log information.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: tried using my own emails, it works fine, tried clearing cache, but i do not know how to reproduce the issue.

Hello @motoaku and welcome to the Mautic Community Forums!

This sounds like pretty strange behaviour. From your explanation, let me check my understanding:

You have a lead in your Mautic instance, and they have provided some details (e.g. first name, email, mobile) in the past and they have an activity log.

At a later point in time, another user submits the form, and their data is overwriting the existing data for an unrelated lead in Mautic.

Is this a correct understanding?

Are any of your leads coming in via an integration, or are they all form-based submissions?

Can you see if there is anything in common? for example are they using the same IP address, or the same details (e.g. same email address?)

hi @rcheesley

thanks for your reply, really appreciate it

your understanding is correct.

my leads coming from 2 source, zapier intergration with woocommerce and form base.
this is the only in common. I already disable the zapier campaign and i see what happen.

as for others, ip, email, and other details were totally unic. nothing in common.

i will update if zapier integration was the issue.

thanks

I wonder, is something trying to override the contact ID?

I’d look in more detail about what data the integrations are passing, and whether they are first doing a search to identify existing contacts and updating if they are found, perhaps?