Dynamic content with grapeJS

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.33

Can anyone help me? I have just upgraded to v3.33 and I’m trying out the GrapeJS plugin. Can anyone tell me how i add dynamic content to emails and landing pages? In the old builder there used to be content blocks that you could drag on but with GrapeJS i can’t find it. Am I missing something?

Hello!
According to the release notes it’s not in 4.0.0, but after upgrade I found it here:

This is what I’m seeing. I’m using mautic version 3.33

does the plugin need upgrading or Mautic?

Like I said, my screenshot is from 4.0.0 your 3.3.3 will be different.

@joeyk @rcheesley is there a PR that can be manually installed to allow for the dynamic content block to be added to 4.0.1 ? We have a client that I really do not want to have to upgrade to 4.1.0 at the moment as there are many moving parts.

Is there a PR already?

There is no PR yet, we need somebody to develop this. It works with HTML emails but not MJML.

The issue tracking this is here:

If anybody would like to sponsor the work we do have a developer who might be able to work on that.

what is the costs around this ? Maybe it is important enough that we can open a topic and see who is prepared to contribute

1 Like

If you can hop into #i-builders on Slack we have a developer who is interested to do some work on the builder, we just need to make a job list and then find the funds to cover the work.

1 Like

Am I correct in understanding that we can either use MJML in emails, or we can use dynamic content, but not both?

Thanks,
EP

That is the sad truth.

1 Like

Good to know. And once again, we see how HTML continues to survive in the evolving landscape and vastness of the Internet. :sweat_smile:

Thanks, Joey.

EP