Emails are reflecting token time values in UTC instead of defined local time zone

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.7
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.7.63

Your problem
My problem is: Emails being sent with a date/time token seem to be in UTC. In my workflow, a user submits a form with a hidden date/time field value. This value is recorded on the Contact record correctly. It reflects the correct date in time, adjust for my local timezone setting (America/Chicago).
However, when an email is sent using that same date/time value from the Contact record as a token, the email received reflects the time in UTC (in this case, 5 hours later).

How do I correct this, where the email will send the actual time reflected on the Contact record.

These errors are showing in the log: There are no errors.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I have verified that the server’s master time zone value is set to UTC. The local value is set to America/Chicago. I’ve also ensured that these users I’ve tested had their individual localization values set to the same, America/Chicago time zone.

Screenshot of tokens use in email:

Time zone settings:

I’m commenting in hopes it bumps this issue up in someone’s peripheral vision who might have a suggestion. Maybe even the esteemed @rcheesley :slight_smile: