End User Documentation Structure

Hi everyone,

I am Favour Chibueze and I was selected to participate in Google Season of Doc’22 at Mautic as a technical writer.

Our goal in this project will be to improve end-user documentation as well as move existing documentation to a new platform while also organizing and structuring information to make it easier for a user to get started.

I would love to hear your ideas for the end-user documentation structure and how I can make the experience better for users.

2 Likes

How you planing organizing documentation on different language?

@zaharovrd once we have the docs migrated and updated in English we will make use of the Transifex integration from Read the Docs to allow translators to work on creating a translated version.

The docs are here on how that works: Manage Translations for Sphinx projects — Read the Docs user documentation 8.1.1 documentation

1 Like

Hi,
We found it extremely helpful if the first steps (a little bit of everything) are summarized to help people to get started fast.
Each topic can be further unfolded, and ellaborated. I would create a list of minimum docs to have someone started with Mautic including:

1. tracking
  2. import
  3. create an email
  4. sending
  5. segments
  6. campaigns

And go from there. We did it differently in the beginning, but re-organising the docs helped our clients.
Of course this is just one way to do it.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. We would look at implementing this.