Improving the documentation

One of the crucial ways to improve user experience of Mautic is to make the documentation more complete and easier for non-technical users to use.

Currently, the way that we can contribute to the documentation is remarkably complicated - go to gitbook, fork the repository, edit the ‘readme.md’ file, commit changes, create branches, propose file changes, send pull requests…etc etc. Several weeks ago, I actually went through this whole process, step-by-step, to make a contribution to the documentation. I’m pretty sure I followed each one of these byzantine instructions correctly, and submitted my contribution, but the contribution has never appeared.

Can I suggest Mautic implement a much easier system to help us improve Mautic’s documentation. For example, a wiki-style system, where we click edit, make our contribution, and click save. Just make it easy! Remember, Mautic users are marketers, not developers.

What do other people think about this? Improving Mautic’s documentation is, in my view, the single most important improvement we need. Far too many people are posting basic questions in the support forum, or facing problems, that could easily be avoided with better documentation. It could be done so quickly and painlessly. So why not?

One of the crucial ways to improve user experience of Mautic is to make the documentation more complete and easier for non-technical users to use.

Currently, the way that we can contribute to the documentation is remarkably complicated - go to gitbook, fork the repository, edit the ‘readme.md’ file, commit changes, create branches, propose file changes, send pull requests…etc etc. Several weeks ago, I actually went through this whole process, step-by-step, to make a contribution to the documentation. I’m pretty sure I followed each one of these byzantine instructions correctly, and submitted my contribution, but the contribution has never appeared.

Can I suggest Mautic implement a much easier system to help us improve Mautic’s documentation. For example, a wiki-style system, where we click edit, make our contribution, and click save. Just make it easy! Remember, Mautic users are marketers, not developers.

What do other people think about this? Improving Mautic’s documentation is, in my view, the single most important improvement we need. Far too many people are posting basic questions in the support forum, or facing problems, that could easily be avoided with better documentation. It could be done so quickly and painlessly. So why not?

I agree 100%.