Feature Request: Tag Manager

how do i delete a tag that is being duplicated by hazardous writing, in a rapid manner?
Delete is a big issue.

@dirk_s Told me he will check if this can be done via API. But this can be just a hotfix. :frowning:

I just played with the database. You can delete the tag there really simple.

Warning: When you want to delete a tag, you probably do not use it for segments, camnpaigns, … The following code does not check this! It just removes the tags assigned to the leads (if any) and the tag itself.

First get the ID for that tag:

mysql> select * from lead_tags where tag = 'tag-to-be-removed'; +----+-----------------+ | id | tag | +----+-----------------+ | 7 | branche:agentur | +----+-----------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Then remove that tag from all contacts (replace XX with the id from above, like 7):

mysql> delete from lead_tags_xref where tag_id = XX; Query OK, 860 rows affected (0.05 sec)

Finally remove the tag itself (replace XX with the id):

mysql> delete from lead_tags where id = XX; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

Hope that helps as quick fix.

Jan

And to rename a tag:

update lead_tags set tag = "new-tag-name" where tag = "old-tag-name";

@jantheofel

you can tell me when I delete a form “New Standalone Form” tags I put in this form are right it being deleted

Sorry, I don’t understand your question.

Please see this thread for a feature request related to this thread: Feature Request: Tag Manager

For info, I have merged multiple threads talking about managing tags, tag management interfaces etc into this one ‘megathread’.

Please use the voting at the top of the page to vote for this feature and hopefully we can keep the discussion in one thread so others find it :slight_smile:

I would love to see a tag manager in Mautic. It´s becoming much more important, because you can manage a lot of functionality inside Mautic and add-ons.
With another autoresponder i manage all campaigns with a crm, based on tags. This is super great for companies that want to manage everything only in one app.

1 Like

Dear all,
As discussed in www.mauticast.com/8, we’re about implement a tag manager, as a 3rd-party plugin for starters.
Before we do that, we appreciate your thoughts!

Currently considered feature set:

• own menu item
  • list all existing tags
  • show usage (probably just a number for now)
  • rename or delete tags
  • allow a comment per tag
  • maybe: audit log (origin, changes)

Not covered in the tag manager for now:

• show places of use per tag

Future ideas outside of tag manager:

• more intelligent tag actions (e.g. dynamic values)
  • Switch in settings “disallow new tag names through tracking pixel” (to avoid spam through attackers / SQL Injection)
4 Likes

Love it @ekke, got a timeline for that already?

We intend to start this one as soon as M3 stable is out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cant wait to see this it’s much needed!

@ekke Any news on this fantastic plugin?
(I want to write a post about the new stuff coming up for M3)

The PR has just been made:

We hope that this will make it into 3.2.

It has a few issues to be resolved with Travis presently, but great to see progress being made!

5 Likes

(Feature implemented. /EG)