Gmail SMTP timing

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.2
My PHP version is:7.4.3
My Database type and version is:10.3.34-MariaDB-0

Your problem
My problem is: I recently switched to using Google Workspace for my Mautic outgoing email. Previously, when I sent emails, they seemed to move pretty much in an instant from Mautic to the SMTP server. Now, I find that when I send emails, they seem to be accepted at a slow rate. It might take a full minute to transfer 50-60 emails.

This morning, when sending a batch of 80 emails, I found that about half of them failed, with the error: Last execution error: Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out

These errors are showing in the log:

mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out Log data: >> MAIL FROM: >> RCPT TO: >> DATA !! Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out (code: 0) (send); xxx@gmail.com {“exception”:“[object] (Swift_TransportException(code: 0): Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out\nLog data:\n>> MAIL FROM:\r\n\n>> RCPT TO:\r\n\n>> DATA\r\n\n!! Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out (code: 0) at /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Plugins/LoggerPlugin.php:124, Swift_IoException(code: 0): Connection to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 Timed Out at /var/www/html/mautic/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:166)”} {“hostname”:“newmautic”,“pid”:281572}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: