How I fix failed to load resource. the server responded with a status of 404 () for connection between wordpress and mautic in the subdomain

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: 7.2.30

Your problem
My problem is: I couldn’t connect my wordpress site when I install in the subdomain.

I manage my website using WordOps like EasyEngine V3. I use WordOps because it is very convenient to manage many website, reverse proxy, etc.

These errors are showing in the log: error log is empty

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Hello Mautic forum

I install Mautic as a subdomain like ma.sangean.co.kr without any problem.

I connect to my wordpress site sangean.co.kr and insert shortcode using mautic wordpress plugin.

I got the following errors, I don’t know how to fix it.

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (generate.js, line 0)
[Error] Refused to execute https://ma.sangean.co.kr/form/generate.js?id=1 as script because “X-Content-Type: nosniff” was given and its Content-Type is not a script MIME type.
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (mtc.js, line 0)
[Error] Refused to execute https://ma.sangean.co.kr/mtc.js as script because “X-Content-Type: nosniff” was given and its Content-Type is not a script MIME type.

By the way, I failed to install in the subdirectory, so If you know how to install subdirectory, it is also welcome. Because webbrowser looking for the wordpress, not mautic installation page all the time.

Sincerely,

Honggi An

Check if Wordfence or similar is not restricting your Mautic install.

@joeyk Thank you for your reply. I only install mautic plugin for testing from clean wordpress instllation from new server.

I solve this problem for installation as subfolder. But I couldn’t solve loading of mautic-form.js

I encountered this issue because the server was trying to serve the mtc.js file statically over NGINX, in case others have a similar issue.