How to locate what segment email(s) are a part of

Your software
My Mautic version is:2.16.0
My PHP version is: 7.2.27

Your problem
My problem is:
I love that Mautic is opensource and benefits from all the input from excellent programmers and developers. But I’m sorry to say there are times I just lose faith in it: like now, when a simple task is impossible to complete yet is a cinch in other open source campaign software.
Take this example: I need to see exactly what segment an email or a group of emails are a part of. This should be one of the easiest features of any campaign software. A segment is like a list. In any number of other open and closed software campaign software it is right up there on the top of the list of easy-to-accomplish features.
Not so in Mautic.
I’ve been struggling with trying to find exactly which segment a particular email address is part of - if you have thousands of emails (like I do) it is no easy task to simply locate which segment(s) user(s) are in. Yes, I know, I can click on an individual email address and read the audit trail - does Mautic really expect administrators to do that with each and every email in the database to ascertain exactly what segment one or many emails are part of?

Or to open each and every segment and scroll through the users to find if a particular user is a part of that segment?

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Hi @bulgin sorry to hear your frustration.

My understanding is that you want to understand how to find out what segments a user is included in, is that correct?

If this is the case, it is easy to do on a lead profile.

Here’s the relevant page on the documentation: https://www.mautic.org/docs/en/contacts/manage_segments.html

Here’s a short video explaining how to view and change an individual contact’s segments:

Here’s a short video explaining how to view all users in a segment:

I hope that makes it clearer, let me know if i haven’t clarified everything you’re struggling to find in Mautic and I’ll do my best to explain further!

An additional resource that might be helpful to you from the docs:

https://www.mautic.org/docs/en/search/index.html

This lists out all the different search filters that you can use to interrogate the different parts of Mautic.

Thank you! The first video is very instructive and helps when nailing down one user.

But so far I have no way of finding all users who are NOT a part of ANY segment. Or at least I can’t see how the filters would do that.

Thank you for your generous support.

1 Like

I saw that post and suggested a hacky workaround on that thread, I’ve asked in Slack if there’s a more elegant way to do it!