Internal Error on Creation of Email or Send

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.4
My PHP version is: 7.4 (also tried on 8.0)
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is:
Out of the blue on a really old install that has been working great for years when creating a certain MJML email after saving I am taking to the dreaded “Internal Error” Screen, the email is actually saved but I get this error screen first.
Then also when doing a segment send to around8K users after about 5K it stops and then each time I resend get the same screen

These errors are showing in the log:

[2023-08-20 07:59:56] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError: "Argument 1 passed to Egulias\EmailValidator\EmailValidator::isValid() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/mautic/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 354" at /var/www/mautic/vendor/egulias/email-validator/src/EmailValidator.php line 35 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalThrowableError(code: 0): Argument 1 passed to Egulias\\EmailValidator\\EmailValidator::isValid() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/mautic/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 354 at /var/www/mautic/vendor/egulias/email-validator/src/EmailValidator.php:35)"} {"hostname":"Mautic-host","pid":169582}
[2023-08-20 08:05:41] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: "An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE emails SET custom_html = ? WHERE id = ?' with params ["\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n  

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Pulled my hair out.
But tried to chown the entire directory,
watched error logs from nginx mautic.access and .error logs.
run system update

Is it possible, that one of the emails has special chars in there?

I thought so as well and checked it and found some bad mjml but nothing that should totally break it. Also took the same code with the bad mjml and put it in a different instance and worked no problem. :man_shrugging: