Issue with form data email sending

My Mautic version is: 5.0.4
My PHP version is: 8.1.27
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.4.17

Hello Mautic community,

I need your help to solve an issue I am currently facing with sending emails containing form data on Mautic V5.0.4 and PHP 8.1.27.

When a form is filled out and submitted, we have configured an action to “send form data” to our email address. However, we are not receiving any emails with the form data.

We have tested the email configuration and sent a test email, which was received successfully. This indicates that our email configuration is correct and that the issue lies elsewhere.

We have checked the email sending logs in Mautic, but we have not found any errors or indications of what might be causing this issue.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how to solve this issue? Are there any additional troubleshooting steps we can take to identify the cause of the problem?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Best regards,

Which email service provider are you using? Have you checked the logs?

Sometimes with this kind of issue, the problem can be that you’re trying to send outbound mail using an email address that isn’t allowed by your email provider, or you’re still in sandbox.

Please double-check your logs and look for anything that’s happening around the form submission times?

Do any of the other email sending options (e.g. send an email, campaign emails etc) work?

We don’t have a lot of email, we send the emails by Infomaniak smtp. No emails were sent. However, while searching, we found an error: the cron task ‘mautic /bin/console messenger:consume email’ was missing. After adding it, the emails were sent properly, but 38 minutes later the database user crashed. It exceeded the max number of simultaneous connections (set to 38 and the mautic /bin/console messenger:consume email cron task to execute every minutes…). We change the user in the local.php in order for mautic to operate again, and deactivate that cron task. We check more than 1 hour after that old database user and he is still out because of max_user_connections. Is it possible that the script triggers by this cron task doesn’t close the connection. Have you ever had this feedback?

Thank you for your response. As we mentioned, before the update, the same forms were working. We found that the command in cronjob mautic /bin/console messenger email was missing and after configuring it, we are now encountering an error with the mail user. The mails are now being sent, but the user is blocked due to too many simultaneous connections to the database