Multiple errors with two fresh installations of 3.1.1

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1.1
My PHP version is: 7.2

Your problem
My problem is:

I have two instances of Mautic running on my VPS. One was installed via Softaculous on Cpanel, the other was installed manually.

• Neither instance shows a directory for /apps/cache or /apps/logs when I am going through directories via FTP

• I get a persistent error when I try go to/update/schema on both installations.

• Both sites return this error when I try to connect to Zapier:

authentication failed: Requested URL not found: /api/contacts?limit=1&minimal=1

• I only see two plugins available: OneSignal and Twilio

These errors are showing in the log:
[2020-10-04 01:28:53] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it. (uncaught exception) at /home/sofosadmin/go.sofosinvestments.com/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Platforms/AbstractPlatform.php line 436 while running console command doctrine:migrations:migrate
[2020-10-04 01:28:53] mautic.WARNING: Command doctrine:migrations:migrate exited with status code 1
[2020-10-04 01:28:53] mautic.ERROR: [UPGRADE ERROR] Exit code 1; Mautic Migrations \ Migrating up to 20200815153711 from 0 Migration 20181111095447 failed during Pre-Checks. Error Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it. \ In AbstractPlatform.php line 436: \ Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it. \ doctrine:migrations:migrate [–write-sql [WRITE-SQL]] [–dry-run] [–query-time] [–allow-no-migration] [–all-or-nothing [ALL-OR-NOTHING]] [–configuration [CONFIGURATION]] [–db-configuration [DB-CONFIGURATION]] [–db DB] [–em EM] [–shard SHARD] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–] \
[2020-10-04 02:37:31] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it. (uncaught exception) at /home/sofosadmin/go.sofosinvestments.com/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Platforms/AbstractPlatform.php line 436 while running console command doctrine:migrations:migrate
[2020-10-04 02:37:31] mautic.WARNING: Command doctrine:migrations:migrate exited with status code 1
[2020-10-04 02:37:31] mautic.ERROR: [UPGRADE ERROR] Exit code 1; Mautic Migrations \ Migrating u

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

I have scoured the forums, I cleared the cache via command line, I tried to migrate the DB (which led to me doing the manual installation), etc.

Is there a more stable version of 3 I can use until 3.1.1 is fixed or does anyone have a clue what could be causing my problems?

Thanks in advance!

with version 3 the cache folder moved from mautic/app/cache -> mautic/var/cache

looks like your database needs to be upgraded.

Hi Frank,

I did find those directories and I cleared them, but it didn’t fix the issue with Zapier.

I tried to update the Softaculous installation through the command line (the logs I included are from the Softaculous install).

The manual installation does not have that error. But it does give me the same error for Zapier. Is it possible I am missing a cronjob?

have you tried this?

For whatever reason, Mautic installs performed by Softaculous seem prone to issues. Even similar to what you described.

What version of MySQL or MariaDB are you using? I was using MariaDB 10.1 and had similar issues until I upgraded to 10.3

I did not, but I am bookmarking it, thank you. I ended up doing a third install and had my install PHP 7.3 on that instance. I am running these installs on a subdomain and using PHP 7.4 for a Wordpess install.

I no longer have any error logs showing (in the logs under the menu for Configuration/System) but I still can’t get Zapier to connect.

I have tried turning off the API settings and then connecting with Zapier and I get a different error message related to having those options disabled. I have a ticket in with Zapier in case it is on there end.

Hi EJL,

I am running MySQL 5.7. I don’t get an option to install with Maria when running Softaculous.

I reinstalled with Softaculous and used PHP 7.3 instead of 7.2. It seems to have resolved the database error.

We’ve fixed this bug with MySQL 5.7 (Unknown database type json requested) in Mautic 3.2, to be released on November 30. The fix will only apply to new installations and to installations that don’t have db_server_version in their app/config/local.php yet (this is the case if you haven’t changed the default configuration in Mautic’s UI before). Otherwise you have to change the version in app/config/local.php yourself, as mentioned in Mautic 3.1.2 installed - Plugins are not available.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting this!