Option to Download Campaign?

Within the scope of the Campaign dropdown options, it would be nice to have an option for “Download”, along with the existing “Edit” and “Clone” options, so we can download a campaign (and its Build) to file. The point is to reuse the Campaign file in other Mautic setups, share with community, etc. Maybe there’s a more intuitive approach to this? Maybe this already exists as an add-on to Mautic?

There would be an issue of connectivity to all the emails, events, conditions, etc. Maybe some basic assumptions could be made in first release? Like, uploading the file into Mautic allows it to connect seamlessly with everything under the same name, but fails to connect if the object with that name does not exist in the new Mautic setup. That’s not exactly a developer’s problem to solve, but that of the user.

My idea is: Download option for Campaign / Campaign Build

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Everyone

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Shareable campaigns

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? I have limited understanding of PHP / JS / MYSQL

Thanks,
EP

Hey there!

This is actually part of one of the strategic initiatives which were announced at Mautic Conference Europe, so it’s something we’re hoping to work on this year (and to have a campaign library within Mautic which people can use to get a headstart on the most common / best practice campaigns)

4 Likes

Super awesome! Good to know we all have our finger on the same pulse. Thanks @rcheesley

EP

Did anything ever come of this?

Hi there!

This is on the radar as one of the strategic initiatives, but we have had to be so focused on the Symfony 5 updates that we have just not had the resources to move it forward.

We are looking for someone to lead the project to get the initiative up and running, in case that is of interest?

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I’ll give that serious consideration.