Page Visit Tracking Not Working

Hi,
I’m wondering if you mautic on the other comain where you have mtc.js has access to the cookie.
It seems to me, that the cookie cannot be read out, so all contacts are added as unknown visitor.
Firt party cookie tracking would be better…
Joey

I have Mautic on a separate domain. My main website runs WordPress.

How would I set up first party cookie tracking?

Many thanks

1. So mautic runs on mautic.domain1.com and wordpress run on domain2.com?
  2. Can you go into incognito visit page and look up what is the value of mtc_id? Then register on the form and check the mtc_id cookie again? What are the values?

If you visit that contact with id from mtc_id in mautic, what contact do you get?

For some reason value of mtc_id is not properly set - based on what you described above. Now we just need to figure out why.

Thanks for the reply!

For #1 - Mautic runs on domain1.com, and WordPress runs on domain2.com. I’m not working with any subdomains. I installed Mautic on a spare domain I have.

For #2 - I don’t know how to get the mtc_id. Is that information inside of Mautic?

Thanks

Hi, mtc_id is cookie in browser.

Okay I got it, had to Google how to do the cookies thing.

Here is the mtc_id on the page before completing the survey: 442

Here is the mtc_id after completing the survey: 442

It’s the same there.

Inside Mautic I cannot find a mtc_id for the contact, it will show me their device id which is: 0msb4jd8az07oiz0qblwbsi

Again, the page visits are showing under anonymous contacts by IP.

Thanks

I’m still stumped.

I tried paying people on Fiverr to fix it, but I was met with lower quotes upfront before seeing the issue, and the sellers seemed like they didn’t want to deal with the problem.

It took one guy over a week and he still didn’t get me a quote, yet I sent him login access to my web server, Mautic, and my WordPress website.

I’m left feeling super frustrated and fed up with Mautic in general.

At this point I’ve invested in books and courses to try and master Mautic (in terms of being a user.)

But it just seems like this isn’t for someone who’s an end user. I don’t think normal “everyday” people would be able to work their way through these sorts of tech issues, especially if they’re trying to run a business.

I really like the idea of Mautic, and I want it to work.

But with no forum replies, and Fiverr people bailing…I’m left feeling defeated if I’m being honest.

I’ve had people opt-in and unsubscribe, since the segmenting isn’t working. They’ve been getting the wrong emails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I’m close to calling it quits.

Hi @seoninja , I kind of forgot about this, sorry have a lot going on these days.

I sent you PM, reply if interested.