Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '->' (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) - testing Cron

My Mautic version is: 3.1.0
My PHP version is: 7.2
Hosting: Webfaction

My problem is:
I set up Mautic a couple of days ago - and it is working fine. However, a test campaign I set up wasn’t sending any of the emails. I tried running the cron tasks using the command line, and have now also started sending the cron output to a log file.

These errors are showing in the log:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/jeffw/webapps/mautic/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php on line 103

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/jeffw/webapps/mautic/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php on line 103

… several more lines with the same error

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Tried running this in command line, and got the same error:

/usr/local/bin/php -cli /home/USRNM/webapps/mautic/bin/console mautic:segments:update

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/USRNM/webapps/mautic/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php on line 103

/usr/local/bin/php -cli /home/USRNM/webapps/mautic/bin/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/USRNM/webapps/mautic/vendor/tightenco/collect/src/Collect/Support/Collection.php on line 103

If I look in that collection file, it’s the function that gets the median of a given key.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Do I just uninstall, and look for another platform?

Mautic is useless for me right now with the cron jobs not working.

I have exactly the same problem

I fixed the problem running the same commang starting with ea-php73 , instead of just php