Plugin to overwrite CoreBundle Views (ChatGPT failed)

A customer came up with the request to make the LeftPanel more “sexy” - so who am I to deny such wishes. :slight_smile:

I’ve created a Plugin and involved ChatGPT to support me. It’s fun, but we failed.

I hope someone can help me with the Code we came up with.

1. I’ve created a folder: plugins/MyPluginBundle/
  2. I’ve created the MyPluginBundle.php with the following content:
  <?php

declare(strict_types=1);

namespace MauticPlugin\MyPluginBundle;

use Mautic\PluginBundle\Bundle\PluginBundleBase;
  use Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder;

class MyPluginBundle extends PluginBundleBase
  {
      public function build(ContainerBuilder $container)
      {
          parent::build($container);
          $container->setParameter('mautic.template.path', '/plugins/MyPluginBundle/Views/');
      }
  }
  1. I’ve created a folder /plugins/MyPluginBundle/Config and a config.php with the following content:
<?php

declare(strict_types=1);

return [
    'name'        => 'Test',
    'description' => 'Powered by ChatGPT',
    'version'     => '1.0.0',
    'author'      => 'ChatGPT and me',
    'routes'      => [
    ],
];
  1. I’ve copied /app/bundles/CoreBundle/Views/LeftPanel/ to /plugins/MyPluginBundle/Views/LeftPanel/
  2. Cleared cache
  3. Nothing happend

What did I do wrong? Is this even possible?

Thank’s alot for you help - very very appriciated.

ChatGPT is great, however kind of limited in how deep it can go towards plugin creation or modification.

Check out this tutorial How to create custom plugin in Mautic. together with that and ChatGPT you could get what you want

What do you mean by “left panel more sexy”?

Maybe you just need some existing solution to modify the overall Mautic appearance and that already exists. Is this one: GitHub - nickian/mautic-whitelabeler: Easily change the logos, colors and company name in the Mautic user interface.

It has some things to understand to use it but is by far easier than coding a full plugin.