Rate Limit for Mautic Rest API

Your software
My Mautic version is: Using mautic REST API, Sending data to mautic sandbox account hosted by Acquaia
My PHP version is: have not downloaded mautic
My Database type and version is: NA

Your problem
My problem is: Need information regarding rate limits of for Rest API endpoints described here.

Downloading mautic and using via PHP libraries is not an option for us.

Hi, you can connect to Mautic via api, you don’t need to download any libraries. Besides that plz describe your question. What about rate limits?

1 Like

Hi Joeyk, thank you for such a quick response. Wanted to know how many API calls can be made within a minute. We are planning to use your contact create and contact-edit APIs. We are wondering when we can get rate limited, if we need to send high volume of data?

Hi,
I think API rate limit is not set in Mautic, but in your server settings.
This is more a server based setting then a software setting. Better servers can handle better traffic.

Joey

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi joek,

Bumping here again. Was trying to use the edit contact API. And in your documentation I am not finding the request structure. I am sending the request like below

curl --location --request PUT 'https://<my-domain-name>.mautic.net/contacts/245/edit' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic <my access token>' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
    "email": "shrouti@testing.com"
}'

And to my surprise, even though the contact exists, I am adding screenshot of it

Still, the response to the above call returns 404.

Can I please get assistance that what wrong I am doing over here?

Have you ever made a successful call or is this your first try?
If so, try to refresh the cache.
Are you using login and psw? (You mentioned token, but maybe that translates to login and pws)

Hey Joek,

yes, I have created the users shown in the screenshot, via API call only. I have tried with the create contact, create batch of contact, adding contact to segment APIs. Now I wanted to edit one contact and I am stuck over there. Yes the token means base64 encoded username:password

Are you trying to change the email?

Just tried, and should work:

You are missing /api/

TRY

curl --location --request PUT 'https://<my-domain-name>.mautic.net/api/contacts/245/edit' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic <my access token>' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
    "email": "shrouti@testing.com"
}'

Just pointed out. Thank you so much.

You are welcome :slight_smile: Keep on automating!