Rookie needs form styling pls!

Hello all,

I am new to Mautic, and marketing automation. I’ve been reading all I can find on the subject, learning a lot, and know my start up needs to start with Mautic and what is offered. I’m pretty familiar with my WP theme by now (U-Design) and plan on building my landing pages there. I’m not very good with HTML - especially forms and HTML yet and having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to style Mautic forms took appealing, professional, etc. Iknow I’ll want to be changing them to test colors, buttons, etc too. Have read all I can find here regarding Mautic forms, but I’m stumped. If there was 3rd party service, etc I could pay I’d gladly do so, but no such luck. Would even manually enter leads for now I capture but loose tracking ability of who’s doing what I suppose. Any suggestions or leads for me to go on. Any suggestions learning how to manually style Mautic forms? A young, WP/HTML rookie needing help! Thank you everybody!

Greg

Hello all,

I am new to Mautic, and marketing automation. I’ve been reading all I can find on the subject, learning a lot, and know my start up needs to start with Mautic and what is offered. I’m pretty familiar with my WP theme by now (U-Design) and plan on building my landing pages there. I’m not very good with HTML - especially forms and HTML yet and having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to style Mautic forms took appealing, professional, etc. Iknow I’ll want to be changing them to test colors, buttons, etc too. Have read all I can find here regarding Mautic forms, but I’m stumped. If there was 3rd party service, etc I could pay I’d gladly do so, but no such luck. Would even manually enter leads for now I capture but loose tracking ability of who’s doing what I suppose. Any suggestions or leads for me to go on. Any suggestions learning how to manually style Mautic forms? A young, WP/HTML rookie needing help! Thank you everybody!

Greg

Hi Greg,

the right tool for styling an existing HTML in the browser is CSS. In my experience, CSS (and other coding/programming languages) cannot be taught any other way than to search, try, error/success way. I started with a book about HTML and CSS and tried every single example on my own. That way I’d understood how it works. It’s really not that hard. I’d say I was quite independent coder in a week. I’m sure there will be better, more interactive tools to learn CSS then a paper book these days.

If you don’t have a day or two to learn CSS, hire some coder instead.

Hi @gbuckle

I would be happy to help if you still reuired it.