Running console doctrine:schema:update --force brings up errors

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1
My PHP version is: 7.3

Your problem
My problem is: I’ve updated to 3.0, and then 3.1 using the method outlined here -

But running console doctrine:schema:update --force seems to bring up errors:

Prior to this I ran console doctrine:migration:migrate and got:

I’ve still managed to update successfully, but I am concerned some of the DB specific stuff isn’t executing correctly.

Any advice would be much appreciated!


Did you run the migration and migration with --force before and after you updated?

If you get stuck restore from a backup and run these steps through slowly. If your database migration fails your Mautic install will do very unexpected things like run into random and weird errors. So it’s crucial that the migration succeeds before you call the upgrade good.

If you use the mautic:update:find , mautic:update:apply and mautic:update:apply --finish there is no need to manually run the schema update. @Yosu_Cadilla is no doubt an expert and I don’t speak for him, but I believe that post is most relevant when updating from Mautic 2.x to Mautic 3.x not necessarily from Mautic 3.x to 3.x. Hopefully he will chime in and clarify.

Hi guys,

That guide on my blog is in fact meant for M2 to M2 upgrades and has not been tested with M2 to M3 upgrades.

Please keep in mind that for upgrading from M2 to M3 you need to first upgrade to 2.16.3 before you do the jump.

I’ve been working on an M2 to M3 upgrade guide for a while, hope I’ll be able to publish it soon enough…

1 Like