Scheduled emails not sent

I deleted my old cron jobs and now I’m using the ones you sent me.

Just tried sending segment email to 15 addresses, mautic says its sent but they are not. I checked all 15 of them.

Yeah,I get. The advantage of the queue is that you can send larger emails.

Using systems, you can see your cron logs like so sudo journalctl -u cron

or You can log the cron job in a specified location:

*/15 * * * * su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitnami/apps/mautic/htdocs/bin/console mautic:segments:update"  >> /var/log/mauticCron.log 2>&1

This would put all your cron logs under /var/log/mauticCron.log

Could be the cron hasn’t run, wait for few minutes. You should only use the queue methods if you are sending a large amount of emails.

What’s the large amount of emails? 1000? What if I want to send 500 emails? All of them would be sent at once and I would be probably banned by AWS since it would exceed 1 email/sec. I’m doing this for a couple of days and honestly its the most frustrating 4-5 days in my life.

Help me troubleshoot spool and other things you mentioned.

Shows you have 2 email limit for queue processing. Take that and multiply how many minutes between crons and you will see how quickly you send 15 emails.

Search the forum to see how to throttle email sends using queue and crons.

Ok, I will work on that. Does it matter that mautic says the emails are sent even though they aren’t? Right now I have created 4,5 segment emails and sent all of them. It says that all of them are sent but I only got few of them. What confuses me is exactly that: Mautic says they are sent but thats not true. Help me understand.

They appear sent as far as mautic is concerned because the messages are created in spool and will delivered via cron process.

sudo journalctl -u cron, this one works but for the bottom one I get log permission denied
This is from first command:

sudo journalctl -u cron
– Logs begin at Tue 2020-12-29 00:13:05 UTC, end at Tue 2020-12-29 00:54:01 UTC. –
Dec 29 00:13:06 debian systemd[1]: Started Regular background program processing daemon.
Dec 29 00:13:06 debian cron[324]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Dec 29 00:13:06 debian cron[324]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm systemd[1]: Stopping Regular background program processing daemon…
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm systemd[1]: cron.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm systemd[1]: cron.service: Succeeded.
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm systemd[1]: Stopped Regular background program processing daemon.
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm systemd[1]: Started Regular background program processing daemon.
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm cron[640]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Dec 29 00:13:08 mautic-1-vm cron[640]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs – not system startup)
Dec 29 00:15:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1678]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:15:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1679]: (root) CMD (su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitna
Dec 29 00:15:01 mautic-1-vm su[1680]: (to daemon) root on none
Dec 29 00:15:01 mautic-1-vm su[1680]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user daemon by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:15:02 mautic-1-vm su[1680]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user daemon
Dec 29 00:15:02 mautic-1-vm CRON[1678]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Dec 29 00:17:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1718]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:17:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1719]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Dec 29 00:17:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1718]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Dec 29 00:18:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1723]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:18:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1724]: (root) CMD (su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitna
Dec 29 00:18:01 mautic-1-vm su[1725]: (to daemon) root on none
Dec 29 00:18:01 mautic-1-vm su[1725]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user daemon by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:18:03 mautic-1-vm CRON[1723]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1753]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1754]: (root) CMD (su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitna
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm su[1755]: (to daemon) root on none
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm su[1755]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user daemon by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm su[1755]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user daemon
Dec 29 00:20:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1753]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Dec 29 00:25:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1787]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:25:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1788]: (root) CMD (su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitna
Dec 29 00:25:01 mautic-1-vm su[1789]: (to daemon) root on none
Dec 29 00:25:01 mautic-1-vm su[1789]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user daemon by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:25:02 mautic-1-vm su[1789]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user daemon
Dec 29 00:25:02 mautic-1-vm CRON[1787]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Dec 29 00:30:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1822]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Dec 29 00:30:01 mautic-1-vm CRON[1823]: (root) CMD (su daemon -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php -q /opt/bitna
Dec 29 00:30:01 mautic-1-vm su[1824]: (to daemon) root on none

Anyway bro, THANK YOU so much for your help, I don’t want to bother you anymore today. I will let you know tommorow what happened with those emails and if they are delivered at all. I hope everything works out otherwise I don’t have much patience nor nerves left for this. I think this is too much for me. It’s so annoying that it hurts :slight_smile:

Hmm, I get the frustration. You can install multitail to watch your logs in real time, this way, you would know if something is actually sending, here is an example:

If you look carefully, you’ll see the cron job is running

Edit: I had to replace the gif, don’t wanna leak sensitive data :wink: but it is something like that

1 Like

Which one is crone job, I can’t find it. I like this, I will try to install it. When you get the chance can you please answer the post above, you skip it.

What’s the large amount of emails? 1000? What if I want to send 500 emails? All of them would be sent at once and I would be probably banned by AWS since it would exceed 1 email/sec.

Well, it depends, AWS would send this really quickly, maybe within 2secs as you are sending via API. I don’t know if you would be banned as I have no experience with AWS, I run my own mail server, but @joeyk is the right person for that.

For me, anything above 1000 is sent via a queue, in short, I am using queue by default. If you are using the send immediate delivery, you must not have any connection overlap, and you must not close the page, which is crazy.

Hey @devsrealm, thanks for the reply. I’m actually not sending via API but with SMTP. I entered SMTP credentials and that’s it.

Update: it looks like all of the emails were sent last night. Since I created multiple segment emails and deleted the old ones after I sent them already, they came in my inbox in random times during the night, in the span of, maybe 12h, not sure. I’m not sure if the open tracking is working, since I opened some emails, some not, it kinda difficult to check 15 inboxes. At least I know it’s working. As @EJL said, emails are marked as sent even tough they are not, but only in spool. That’s fine by me.

I have to figure out today how to send 2 emails/ sec. Will let you know how it went later.

@devsrealm I would love to create my own emails server sometimes in the future but I need to learn linux commands and troubleshooting. I think I need at least a few months of learning first.

Can someone explain to me how to open spool and some other log files and read them? Or for example if I sent 1000 emails for scheduling and I change my mind, how to open spool and delete all of the emails scheduled for sending.

I only know how to open them with nano, and some basic navigation with cd and ls command.

Thanks guys, it means a lot. I would have given up if it weren’t for you.

Good morning from Texas. Glad to see your tests were successful. In my opinion you should consider deleting whatever ssh client you are using and download MobaXTerm.

It offers multi tabs, and windows directory style navigation which eliminates half the commands you need to know for simple administration of a Linux server.

Good morning, I don’t use ssh client at all, when I create my server on google cloud I can access command line via browers. I tried WinSCP recently on some other servers, but now I can’t connect ever since I created this one from marketplace(need to learn about ports first :slight_smile:)

Now I have all the gmail accounts opened on separate browser and will track incoming emails faster.

As soon as I set up mautic I will create another server and just play around, learn and try to set up mautic manually.

Thanks

Hey quick question. When I send emails from mautic in the “send from” I put name@mydomain.com even though this mail doesn’t exist. I plan to put “reply to” to my gmail address. I that a good practice or bad one. Or should I just create a gsuite that’s matches “email from” address?

Finally figured it out. I use @EJL’s cron job configuration with 3-59/15 * * * * mautic:emails:send and message limit for queue processing: 5 and 10 and its finally working. But I am thinking of setting this cronjob instead of 3-59/15 * * * * to use *1(every minute) and set queue message limit to 1-5. Would that be better in terms of email deliverability?

Thank you guys

1 Like

@ tarik123
I installed Mautic a couple of days ago so it should be number 4.

I checked the settings and my first email send was successful to subscribers but since I set up the queue version, Mautic says the emails are sent but they aren’t.

In the cron jobs I have these set up:
/usr/local/php/home/csikungg/email/bin/console mautic:broadcasts:send every 15 minutes
/usr/local/php/home/csikungg/email/bin/console mautic:emails:send > /dev/null every 2 minutes
/usr/local/bin/php /home/csikungg/email/bin/console mautic:campaigns:trigger every 15 minutes

I sent the first queued email yesterday, today I created a new email send more than one hours ago - both have the same results…

I am a complete newbie, I followed a youtube video to set these up. I’m at chemicloud where it says my php version is: 5.2.1

Why aren’t my emails sent and how can I mend it? - Below I share the error log
your help is much appreciated!
Erzsébet

The current error log:
[2023-12-23 00:00:04] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:campaigns:update --batch-limit=100” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:campaigns:execute mautic:campaigns:messagequeue mautic:campaigns:messages mautic:campaigns:rebuild mautic:campaigns:summarize mautic:campaigns:trigger mautic:campaigns:update mautic:campaigns:validate (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:2709477}
[2023-12-23 00:00:05] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:segments:update --batch-limit=900” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:segments:check-builders mautic:segments:rebuild mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:2709595}
[2023-12-23 00:00:05] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException: There are no commands defined in the “mautic:leadlists” namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic mautic:assets mautic:broadcasts mautic:cache mautic:campaigns mautic:citrix mautic:contacts mautic:custom-field mautic:donotsell mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:install mautic:integration mautic:integration:pipedrive mautic:integrations mautic:iplookup mautic:maintenance mautic:marketplace mautic:max-mind mautic:messages mautic:plugins mautic:queue mautic:reports mautic:segments mautic:social mautic:theme mautic:transifex mautic:unusedip mautic:update mautic:webhooks (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 604 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:2709582}
[2023-12-23 00:00:06] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:email:process” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:email:fetch mautic:emails:fetch mautic:emails:send mautic:queue:process mautic:webhooks:process swiftmailer:email:send (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:2709607}
[2023-12-23 00:15:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException: There are no commands defined in the “mautic:leadlists” namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic mautic:assets mautic:broadcasts mautic:cache mautic:campaigns mautic:citrix mautic:contacts mautic:custom-field mautic:donotsell mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:install mautic:integration mautic:integration:pipedrive mautic:integrations mautic:iplookup mautic:maintenance mautic:marketplace mautic:max-mind mautic:messages mautic:plugins mautic:queue mautic:reports mautic:segments mautic:social mautic:theme mautic:transifex mautic:unusedip mautic:update mautic:webhooks (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 604 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:3944761}
[2023-12-23 00:15:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:segments:update --batch-limit=900” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:segments:check-builders mautic:segments:rebuild mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:3944765}
[2023-12-23 00:16:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:campaigns:update --batch-limit=100” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:campaigns:execute mautic:campaigns:messagequeue mautic:campaigns:messages mautic:campaigns:rebuild mautic:campaigns:summarize mautic:campaigns:trigger mautic:campaigns:update mautic:campaigns:validate (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:4018384}
[2023-12-23 00:19:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:email:process” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:email:fetch mautic:emails:fetch mautic:emails:send mautic:queue:process mautic:webhooks:process swiftmailer:email:send (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:58878}
[2023-12-23 00:30:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException: There are no commands defined in the “mautic:leadlists” namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic mautic:assets mautic:broadcasts mautic:cache mautic:campaigns mautic:citrix mautic:contacts mautic:custom-field mautic:donotsell mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:install mautic:integration mautic:integration:pipedrive mautic:integrations mautic:iplookup mautic:maintenance mautic:marketplace mautic:max-mind mautic:messages mautic:plugins mautic:queue mautic:reports mautic:segments mautic:social mautic:theme mautic:transifex mautic:unusedip mautic:update mautic:webhooks (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 604 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:488809}
[2023-12-23 00:30:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:segments:update --batch-limit=900” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:segments:check-builders mautic:segments:rebuild mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:488810}
[2023-12-23 00:32:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:campaigns:update --batch-limit=100” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:campaigns:execute mautic:campaigns:messagequeue mautic:campaigns:messages mautic:campaigns:rebuild mautic:campaigns:summarize mautic:campaigns:trigger mautic:campaigns:update mautic:campaigns:validate (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:497631}
[2023-12-23 00:38:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:email:process” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:email:fetch mautic:emails:fetch mautic:emails:send mautic:queue:process mautic:webhooks:process swiftmailer:email:send (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:523798}
[2023-12-23 00:45:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException: There are no commands defined in the “mautic:leadlists” namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic mautic:assets mautic:broadcasts mautic:cache mautic:campaigns mautic:citrix mautic:contacts mautic:custom-field mautic:donotsell mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:install mautic:integration mautic:integration:pipedrive mautic:integrations mautic:iplookup mautic:maintenance mautic:marketplace mautic:max-mind mautic:messages mautic:plugins mautic:queue mautic:reports mautic:segments mautic:social mautic:theme mautic:transifex mautic:unusedip mautic:update mautic:webhooks (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 604 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:554993}
[2023-12-23 00:45:03] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:segments:update --batch-limit=900” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:segments:check-builders mautic:segments:rebuild mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:554981}
[2023-12-23 00:48:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:campaigns:update --batch-limit=100” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:campaigns:execute mautic:campaigns:messagequeue mautic:campaigns:messages mautic:campaigns:rebuild mautic:campaigns:summarize mautic:campaigns:trigger mautic:campaigns:update mautic:campaigns:validate (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:567819}
[2023-12-23 00:57:02] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:email:process” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:email:fetch mautic:emails:fetch mautic:emails:send mautic:queue:process mautic:webhooks:process swiftmailer:email:send (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:1290476}
[2023-12-23 01:00:04] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:segments:update --batch-limit=900” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:segments:check-builders mautic:segments:rebuild mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:1541955}
[2023-12-23 01:00:05] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException: Command “mautic:email:process” is not defined. Did you mean one of these? mautic:email:fetch mautic:emails:fetch mautic:emails:send mautic:queue:process mautic:webhooks:process swiftmailer:email:send (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:1541896}
[2023-12-23 01:00:05] mautic.NOTICE: Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\NamespaceNotFoundException: There are no commands defined in the “mautic:leadlists” namespace. Did you mean one of these? mautic mautic:assets mautic:broadcasts mautic:cache mautic:campaigns mautic:citrix mautic:contacts mautic:custom-field mautic:donotsell mautic:email mautic:emails mautic:install mautic:integration mautic:integration:pipedrive mautic:integrations mautic:iplookup mautic:maintenance mautic:marketplace mautic:max-mind mautic:messages mautic:plugins mautic:queue mautic:reports mautic:segments mautic:social mautic:theme mautic:transifex mautic:unusedip mautic:update mautic:webhooks (uncaught exception) at /home/csikungg/email/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 604 while running console command UNKNOWN {“hostname”:“rs10-nyc.serverhostgroup.com”,“pid”:1541939}