Emails not going through

Hi guys,

I’ve installed Mautic 1.4.1 onto a VPS - Beyond Hosting, using Amazon SES (successfully tested email) & have a website on iPage and am using wordpress Divi theme. Did most of the above via you tube and this site. Now the issue i have is that emails are not going through. I’ve looked through this website but can’t seem to nail it & i’m pretty sure someone has answered this already.

All i want is when a user goes to a certain page they have to enter their name and email address to view the rest of the content. Hence in the email they will get a link to the web page to go to and a password. The website is still not ready but the webpage is http://www.understandinghinduism.info/almost-done/ - scroll down and you will see the locked content form.

So in Mautic i created an email (campaign email), a form and campaign. I copied the code manually from “Form HTML” and pasted it into the bloom plugin. So far so good. Upload the code into the page and fine. Then when i test it i get nothing. But when i look at reports and contact on Mautic i can see it there.

So obviously i’m missing something here.

Any ideas, advice, help etc… will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

Hey @pietromantovani i also tried sending a email to a segment which included one of my email addresses to for testing. On the dashboard i see 4 emails sent and yet i have not received any email.

Could you please tell me what is wrong here

Your welcome :wink:

Thanks Pietromantovani…

Put it in specific order and also had mautic installed on a subdomain which was not displayed on cron job. All working now…

Thanks once again…

You’ve said “every minute”, it’s not correct. The crons must be executed in order.

From watching:

https://www.mautic.org/resources/videos/understanding-cron-jobs/

and entering the following:

/usr/local/bin/php /home/kailash1/email/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod
/usr/local/bin/php /home/kailash1/email/app/console mautic:campaigns:update --env=prod
/usr/local/bin/php /home/kailash1/email/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod
/usr/local/bin/php /home/kailash1/email/app/console mautic:email:process --env=prod

i still dont seem to receive the emails.

So are theses the correct corn jobs?

Do you setup the cron jobs?

Yep… as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2Zp-Lce1I - @ 28m:35sec

Unless there is another way of entering cron jobs…

I’ve also set up the following to run every minute:

• /1 * * * * php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod
• /1 * * * * php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:update --env=prod
• /1 * * * * php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod
• /1 * * * * php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:email:process --env=prod

& then changed it to /1 * * * * php /home/my_directory/mautic_folder_name/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod

Hope this works…

Hi guys,

I’ve installed Mautic 1.4.1 onto a VPS - Beyond Hosting, using Amazon SES (successfully tested email) & have a website on iPage and am using wordpress Divi theme. Did most of the above via you tube and this site. Now the issue i have is that emails are not going through. I’ve looked through this website but can’t seem to nail it & i’m pretty sure someone has answered this already.

All i want is when a user goes to a certain page they have to enter their name and email address to view the rest of the content. Hence in the email they will get a link to the web page to go to and a password. The website is still not ready but the webpage is http://www.understandinghinduism.info/almost-done/ - scroll down and you will see the locked content form.

So in Mautic i created an email (campaign email), a form and campaign. I copied the code manually from “Form HTML” and pasted it into the bloom plugin. So far so good. Upload the code into the page and fine. Then when i test it i get nothing. But when i look at reports and contact on Mautic i can see it there.

So obviously i’m missing something here.

Any ideas, advice, help etc… will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

@harukim and what if you try to send a test email? (Not from a campaign)

Hey @pietromantovani when i send a test email (send example email) i actually receive the email though after 1 hour

Maybe there’s something with smtp you’re using… there are many good ones.

I am using phpmail

Do you solve the problem? @harukim ?

@ninjoan the problem is still there

@ninjoan and @pietromantovani the problem still exists

@escopecz could you please help me out. am stack

@harukim it’s not easy to help, there are so many things that could have been setup in the wrong way. What Mautic version are you running? What about cron setting? And what do you see in error log?

@pietromantovani I am running 1.4.1 and used are;
0,30 * * * * php /home/websitem/public_html/prittworld/app/console mautic:leadlists:update --env=prod

0,30 * * * * php /home/websitem/public_html/prittworld/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger --env=prod

0,30 * * * * php /home/websitem/public_html/prittworld/app/console mautic:segments:update --env=prod

0,30 * * * * php /home/websitem/public_html/prittworld/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild --env=prod

On the error log i can only see this error
[11-Jul-2016 16:03:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/websitem/public_html/prittworld/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php on line 243