Sending Wordpress emails through Mautic?

My idea is: Using Mautic API and hooking wp_mail function to send all Wordpress emails through Mautic

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Anybody using Wordpress that wants to manage all of their emails through Mautic

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Better overview of all emails sent from Wordpress site

Any code or resources to support this idea: existing wp_sendmail function to hook

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes, but I am a PHP novice

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Some code examples on how to use the Mautic API to send emails

Does anybody think that using Mautic API to send Wordpress emails would be helpful? Rather than relying on wp_mail function and the webserver to send the emails, woud it be a good idea, or useful in some use cases, to push all Wordpress emails through Mautic, instead?

My idea would be to make a simple plugin that would filter the wp_mail function and send the email content and the contact (make one, if none exists) details to Mautic to send the email, instead.

I think I get what you are talking about but I also think there may be some confusion as to what Mautic is/does.

Mautic itself does not send email. It processes a queue of emails to be sent via an email provider. You could very well set WP to use that same provider as Mautic using WPSMTP.

What emails would WP send out in your use case? Are you referring to maybe Woocommerce sending out receipts? I’m curious how that would be beneficial considering what Mautic is used for. How could you use that information in a process in Mautic? You could create contact fields in Mautic and then push through the tracker, specific data to those contact fields.

But Mautic can’t track a contacts list of purchases, that’s not what it’s designed for. It’s designed for marketing. Creating email campaigns and presenting landing pages all the while tracking what visitors/contacts do on your website.

I think what you are looking for a more of a CRM based system like Hubspot

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I know that Mautic doesn’t actually send the emails.

The main benefit would be getting a view of all of the emails sent by Wordpress (or whatever CMS) inside Mautic, and to avoid the need for the Wordpress email plugins.

As an example, if you use Mautic to handle the email sending, if the email bounces, you can get awareness of that inside Mautic.