Separate Implementation Category from "Marketing Use" Category

My idea is: Provide a specific place where people using Mautic for marketing can support one another with the use of the tool. Have campaign questions? Want to understand how reports work? Thinking about a best practice for SMS inside of a mautic campaign? etc.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:

Marketers

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:

Right now, all support questions are bundled together and I don’t see a lot of ‘marketing-related’ topics getting answered. The vast majority are related to getting Mautic to run correctly.

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Sure

Are you willing to work on this idea?:

Yes - though it’s probably as simple as just creating a new Category in this forum.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?

Hi there!

I just happened across this as it’s in the product ideas section rather than feedback, but I think it’s a great idea. @moderators how do you feel about having a separation between product support and marketing support?

We can try it.

Sorry its in the wrong place! “How to actually use this platform” is documentation that I see missing from most marketing automation/CRM platforms, and I think this could be a distinguishing feature of Mautic.

Also, that post was two years ago??

Yeah sorry! I came across it when searching for categories - as in, Mautic categories - by chance! :person_facepalming:

We’re building that to some extend at https://kb.mautic.org - and also of course the docs which we’re replatforming. But I also totally get what you mean about separating out the product-specific questions from the marketing-specific questions. Both from the perspective of people answering, but also because it could also be a good way to pull people towards Mautic if we have loads of useful resources!

I just don’t want to cause more work for the mods!

Hi folks,

I’ve created a Marketing Support category and renamed the old one to Product Support - I kept the slug the same as we have a lot of inbound links there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.