SSL for Mautic

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.15.1
My PHP version is:PHP: 7.1.33

Your problem
My problem is:
Hello, I have installed at home two diferent computers. Each one of them is installed xampp server. One is running wordpress and the other is running Mautic. The wordpress computer uses port 80 and 443 and I can install the ssl certificate. On the Mautic computer it uses port 8080 and port 1443 and I can’t create a certified ssl.

How do I install ssl certificate on mautic using port 8080 and 1443?

Thanks in advance .

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Additionally I need to inform you that I am installing it on both machines running on windows 10

How do I install ssl certificate on mautic using port 8080 and 1443?

If that is really the issue, it is an Apache question, not a Mautic one… (and also not a Windows matter)
Thus: apache ssl port - Google Search :wink:

Also, by the way:

1. stop using anything non-ssl (no 80, no 8080, no nothing)
  2. Even if you can’t stop using it on Wordpress, you can still run Mautic completely on SSL

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question!

Best,
Ekke

I am sorry, I am new to this, but in the future I promise to only ask or answer questions related to Mautic. Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

Hi there,

Indeed this is a server config issue rather than Mautic. Take a look at your xampp setup, it might be in your vhosts config file, and you should be able to change the default ports.

A quick google yielded this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11294812/how-to-change-xampp-apache-server-port which might be a good starting point.

Just to add, you shouldn’t really be running a website/Mautic instance on a local machine if you’re using them in production. Testing is fine, but for production it’s recommended to use a proper web hosting provider or a virtual server (e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean, etc).

no problem, you’re always welcome!
:slight_smile: