Stop replacing <br> tags with <div data-empty="true"><br></div> and adding <span data-fr-verified="true"> tags

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.7
My PHP version is: 7.4.29
My Database type and version is: 10.3.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
I am using the classic editor (not the new mjml-one)

Your problem
Mautic changes my email code in a wrong way.

All <br> tags are being replaced with

<div data-empty="true">
	<br>
</div>

Further more, I have some unusual replacements, that lead to the fact that {contactfield=firstname}‍ is not being replaced in the emails.

Visually I see the correct text {contactfield=firstname}‍, but inside the code I see the following:

<span data-fr-verified="true">{</span>contactfield=firstname}‍

with a strange red bullet after the text, that apparently is not visible (see on the picture below).

I did not entered any of the div tags, nor the red bullet:

I would like to stop this replacement. Is it possible? Where should I look for?

These errors are showing in the log:
There are some errors in the log, but not relevant to the subject.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I searched on the forums, on google, everywhere for a solution or at least someone else that describes the same.

I found what the red bullet means: in UTF-8 (hex) is like this represented: “e2 80 8d” and it is a “ZERO WIDTH JOINER”. (the character is here described) . I do not know why this char is added in my email content.

Found also this Issue from Froala: Data-empty = “true” causes problems. #1950. They mention the files js/froala_editor.min.js and js/froala_editor.pkgd.min.js

Also searched inside the Mautic files and found the text data-empty="true" only in these two files: app\bundles\CoreBundle\Assets\js\libraries\froala\plugins\paragraph_format.js and paragraph_format.min.js

=> So I edited the app\bundles\CoreBundle\Assets\js\libraries\froala\froala_editor.js and commented out these lines:

// Current node is BR.
          else if (node.tagName == 'BR') {
            // There is no anchor.
            if (anchor == null) {
              anchor = editor.doc.createElement(default_tag);
              if (temp) anchor.setAttribute('data-empty', true);
              anchor.appendChild(node);

main_doc.appendChild(anchor);
            }

// There is anchor. Just remove BR.
            else {
              // There is nothing else except markers and BR inside the new formed tag.
              if (found === false) {
                anchor.appendChild(editor.doc.createElement('br'));
                anchor.setAttribute('data-empty', true);
              }
            }

anchor = null;
          }

=> can this action have secondary effects? (besides that I must redo the editing after the next update)

LATER EDIT:
yes, one side effect is: Froala did not recognized paragraphs and I could not format as Heading 1/2/3/…
Solved by updating to 4.4.8 , so the changes were reset.