Switch to Composer Errors: Cannot Fork / in Process.php line 355: Unable to launch a new process

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4.30
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): MySQL version 8.0

HI all,
I’m trying to switch to composer on Mautic 4.3.1 as described here:

yet getting the following errors when running composer using:

/usr/local/bin/php-cli-74 /usr/bin/composer create-project mautic/recommended-project:^4 mautic-new --no-interaction

Erros messages after a while, please advice. Many thanks!

Failed to extract league/flysystem-cached-adapter: (2) ‘/usr/bin/unzip’ -qq ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/tmp-80f8b8484ce011fc705534e32631c4a2’ -d ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/abe33481’

sh: 1: Cannot fork

The archive may contain identical file names with different capitalization (which fails on case insensitive filesystems)
Unzip with unzip command failed, falling back to ZipArchive class

0/224 [>---------------------------] 0% Failed to extract symfony/deprecation-contracts: (2) ‘/usr/bin/unzip’ -qq ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/tmp-bcf7af95c2751765de59e63d1a5b0532’ -d ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/0eee14e7’

The archive may contain identical file names with different capitalization (which fails on case insensitive filesystems)

104/224 [=============>--------------] 46% Failed to extract voku/stop-words: (2) ‘/usr/bin/unzip’ -qq ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/tmp-aeda12a4073854ac6952110b1a89ae33’ -d ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/fed2699a’

136/224 [=================>----------] 60% Failed to extract symfony/validator: (2) ‘/usr/bin/unzip’ -qq ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/tmp-a23217c6e0f180d95cc8ca54d13270e0’ -d ‘/home/jm840nap/www/home/mautic-new/vendor/composer/f583a4ec’

170/224 [=====================>------] 75% Install of sensio/framework-extra-bundle failed
Install of noxlogic/ratelimit-bundle failed
Install of mrclay/minify failed
Install of giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php failed
Install of misd/phone-number-bundle failed
Install of mautic/core-lib failed
Install of mautic/grapes-js-builder-bundle failed
Install of mautic/plugin-citrix failed
Install of mautic/plugin-clearbit failed
Install of mautic/plugin-cloudstorage failed
Install of mautic/plugin-crm failed
187/224 [=======================>----] 83% Install of mautic/plugin-focus failed
Install of mautic/plugin-fullcontact failed
Install of mautic/plugin-gmail failed
Install of mautic/plugin-outlook failed
Install of mautic/plugin-social failed
Install of mautic/plugin-tagmanager failed
Install of mautic/plugin-zapier failed
Install of mautic/theme-aurora failed
Install of mautic/theme-blank failed
Install of mautic/theme-brienz failed
Install of mautic/theme-cards failed
Install of mautic/theme-coffee failed
Install of mautic/theme-confirmme failed
Install of mautic/theme-fresh-center failed
Install of mautic/theme-fresh-fixed failed
Install of mautic/theme-fresh-left failed
Install of mautic/theme-fresh-wide failed
Install of mautic/theme-goldstar failed
Install of mautic/theme-mauve failed
Install of mautic/theme-nature failed
Install of mautic/theme-neopolitan failed
Install of mautic/theme-oxygen failed
Install of mautic/theme-paprika failed
Install of mautic/theme-skyline failed
Install of mautic/theme-sparse failed
Install of mautic/theme-sunday failed
Install of mautic/theme-trulypersonal failed
Install of mautic/theme-vibrant failed
224/224 [============================] 100%
In Process.php line 355:

Unable to launch a new process.

create-project [-s|–stability STABILITY] [–prefer-source] [–prefer-dist] [–prefer-install PREFER-INSTALL] [–repository REPOSITORY] [–repository-url REPOSITORY-URL] [–add-repository] [–dev] [–no-dev] [–no-custom-installers] [–no-scripts] [–no-progress] [–no-secure-http] [–keep-vcs] [–remove-vcs] [–no-install] [–ignore-platform-req IGNORE-PLATFORM-REQ] [–ignore-platform-reqs] [–ask] [–] [ [ []]]

Anybody? I’m not sure whether I updated Mautic 4.3 to composer or it failed, according to the messages above? Many thanks.

4.3.1 requires 7.4 … I noticed you are using 8.0.

Maybe that why you are experiencing this errors? I am not sure either

When I go to mautic/system-info, it states mysqlnd 7.4.30. As seen from the commands above, I’m invoking with [quote=“georg1, post:1, topic:24530”]
/usr/local/bin/php-cli-74
[/quote]
so I suppose this should be ok?

Never mind … my mistake … I was looking at MySQL version by accident … I need new glasses

Yeah your on php 7.4 when I looked again.

Sorry about that. Not familiar with this error …

something to do with the unzip command according to the errors?

Did some googling on this error …

Try this command

composer clearcache

Then run installation again

OK, will try that and get back here very soon.

Ok, I did a clearcache which didn’t resolve it first. I deleted all folders, re-ran the installation using the default /mautic directory as argument in the recommended-project command.
Before that, I moved the working /mautic installation to /mautic-old (so as opposed to what the update docs say, I moved the folder before invocing the recommended-project command).