Symfony error when sending emails

Trying to send our newsletter this morning Mautic is showing that c. 3000 emails have been sent but they haven’t. There are still 3176 files in /tmp/spool/default (most of which have zero byte count) and when I try and run the following:

/usr/bin/php /var/www/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send

I get the following error:

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ContextErrorException]                                                            
  Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport::send() must be an instance of Swift_Mime_Message, boolean given, called in /var/www/mautic/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/FileSpool.php on line 169 and defined   

This is Mautic v2.12.1 and PHP v 5.6.32.

I’m not sure what to do next in order to resolve this. Any one had similar or have any idea?

@williamsdb delete cache. delete spool folder ,and update schema… then try to send.

I know how to do the first two but how do I update the schema?

@williamsdb wwww.yourmautic.com/s/update/schema

Thanks but the domain yourmautic.com doesn’t exist. Is that the correct link!

I mean to say… Your mautic.com = your mautic url

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have been away and haven’t been able to try this until now.

I have resent and all seems to be working. I think that the underlying issue was that the instance Mautic was on had run out of disk space.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like