Updating safely to 2.15.3

SSH is the best way to upgrade mautic , but always keep back up first before doing anything… :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

So I have been able to upgrade 2 of my 3 Mautic installations to version 2.15.3 but the third one goes offline. Each installation is on the same server but for 3 different domains.

I have never been able to install successfully using the upgrade link in the mautic interface.

The process that worked for me was to backup the working mautic folder to “MauticWorking” taking my mautic down on purpose and creating a copy in the folder mautic. I followed the instructions found at https://www.mautic.org/docs/en/tips/update-failed.html

After that did not work, I downloaded the latest mautic zip file. put into a new “mautic” folder, changed the group and owner and copied the local.php file from the working installation to the installation with the new version. Still offline.

Weird that the upgrade worked on the same server for the other 2 installations on mautic.

Any ideas? it is frustrating that this happens for me with every upgrade.

If it’s showing offline, there should be some errors in your log files - can you share them?

I looked in the log files under /app/logs and there were none created when trying to accessing mautic. Is there another log that I should look at?

Here’s another guide on how to Update Mautic and how to troubleshoot failed Updates:

2 Likes