Upgrade from 2-16-5 to 3 " There's no upgrade package available for download."

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2-16-5
My PHP version is: 7-3-27
My Database type and version is: mysql 5.7

My problem is:
These errors in command line:

Warning: disk_free_space(): Value too large for defined data type in /home/www/mautic/upgrade_v3.php on line 255

mysqldump: Got error: 2003: Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘xxxxx-privatesql’ (110) when trying to connect

One or more errors occurred during pre-upgrade checks:

• There’s no upgrade package available for download. This might indicate that the Mautic team is working on releasing a new version.
    Please see our status page for more details.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Download the package 3.0.2.zip, rename it “mautic-3-update-package.zip” and place it both at root and in mymautic/mautic-3-temp-files.

Launch php upgrade_v3.php in command line give me this error.
Launch upgrade from Mautic website never checking.

So, the main error is " There’s no upgrade package available for download. This might indicate that the Mautic team is working on releasing a new version." But as I downloaded a package by myself, why Mautic doesn’t want to use it ?

Thanks for help folks =)

A quick google of that error suggests some issues with PHP config: php - Value too large for defined data type - Stack Overflow

Also check that you are able to connect to GitHub from your server, it may be that you do not have the extensions installed that allow you to call out to GitHub and get the files.

The file that tells it what to download is https://updates.mautic.org/upgrade-configs/m2-to-m3.json and you can see from that, we will be downloading https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases/download/3.2.4/3.2.4.zip - both of which are accessible.

I would start by searching your server logs for those two URLs and see what the response codes are. It seems like you are not getting the URL back as the error you are seeing comes from this line:

So that’s where I would start!

I think that the blocking thing is only the error and not warnings.

I looked at my logs and I can’t see these urls. I also can’t see IP adresses of these urls.

When I do a ssh -vT git@github.com it tells me " You’ve successfully authenticated, but GitHub does not provide shell access."
So it seems my server doesn’t have any problem connecting github.

I’ve tried a lot of things, I don’t know what’s happening.

Is there a way to upgrade to V3 manually by moving some folders ?

Can you try this step using curl?

You cannot just move folders around - there are many complex steps that you need to go through including file and database changes. You must use the upgrade script.

If this throws an error we may have a culprit - if not we will see if we can step through what is causing the upgrade script to halt. It is designed to halt if there are problems that will affect the installation, we just need to track down what the problem is!

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile: .
The curl command works but the file is corrupted, and weights only 615o.

@dennisameling do you have any ideas here?

I tried things (summary at the end of the post):

1)To know if the problem comes from my server:

Install a new empty 2-16-5 instance on the same server and upgrade to 3.
It didn’t works and gave me the same error, so there is an error about the server ( There’s no upgrade package available for download. This might indicate that the Mautic team is working on releasing a new version.).

2)I decided to create a local server on my computer, move my mautic onto, do the upgrade, and then reupload it on my web server.
Upgrade worked until the step 2 and then gave me these errors:

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\app,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\app): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\media,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\media): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\plugins,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\plugins): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\themes,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\themes): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\translations,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\translations): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

Warning: rename(C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\vendor,C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\mautic-2-backup-files\vendor): Acc�s refus�. (code: 5) in C:\laragon\www\mymauticmautic\upgrade_v3.php on line 1359

ERR_MOVE_MAUTIC_2_AND_3_FILES: Error while moving Mautic 2 or 3 files: One or more files couldn’t be moved to the Mautic 2 temp folder. This is really, really bad. Errors: app,media,plugins,themes,translations,vendor
ERR_MOVE_MAUTIC_2_AND_3_FILES: Error while moving Mautic 2 or 3 files: One or more files couldn’t be moved to the Mautic 2 temp folder. This is really, really bad. Errors: app,media,plugins,themes,translations,vendor. For more details about this message, see http://mau.tc/m3-upgrade-error#err_move_mautic_2_and_3_files

So I did:

find . -type f -not -perm 644 -exec chmod 644 {} +
find . -type d -not -perm 644 -exec chmod 755 {} +

But still get same errors. Any ideas ? :slight_smile:

3)Then, I tried to begin a new mautic 2.16.5 on my local server and do the upgrade, and it worked! So on the local server, my reel Mautic should work and the problem doesn’t come from the server but files themselves.

Summary:

On my web server: My Mautic upgrade doesn’t work " There’s no upgrade package available"
On my web server: new empty Mautic doesn’t work " There’s no upgrade package available"

On my computer local server: My Mautic " ERR_MOVE_MAUTIC_2_AND_3_FILES:"
On my computer local server: new empty Mautic WORKS

Can someone help me please ? :slight_smile:

I know I’m close to resolve it but the last problem is ERR_MOVE_MAUTIC_2_AND_3_FILES.

Should I create a new thread about this specific error that is diffrent of the previous one ?

I’m still stuck :confused:

Could you help please ? :slight_smile:

Don’t upgrade to Mautic 3.x M2 works so much better and has got a lot of working plugins.

M3 has millions bugs. I really regret doing this update.

As no one answered me, if it can help anyone with the same problems: I decided to keep mautic 2.
If you find a solutions you can post it there. Thanks.

@lolow Sorry for the late reply!

The error you got There’s no upgrade package available for download. happens because the upgrade script couldn’t fetch the upgrade config from https://updates.mautic.org/upgrade-configs/m2-to-m3.json, like @rcheesley already mentioned:

I just created a Gist so we can debug a bit more easily.

Please go into your Mautic installation folder and run the following:

wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/dennisameling/169983c167f9e409e3b0970f19c89aa2/raw/181401482ab9ff7b9361ee2b40a6560cdc425aee/m3-upgrade-debug.php
php m3-upgrade-debug.php

What output do you get then? I’m getting:

$ php m3-debug.php
array(5) {
  ["mautic3downloadUrl"]=>
  string(66) "https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases/download/3.2.4/3.2.4.zip"
  ["version"]=>
  string(5) "3.2.4"
  ["announcement"]=>
  string(74) "https://www.mautic.org/blog/community/mautic-3-building-stable-foundations"
  ["killSwitchActivated"]=>
  bool(false)
  ["statusPageUrl"]=>
  string(57) "https://forum.mautic.org/t/mautic-3-status-thread/14756/2"
}

@dennisameling Thanks a lot for your help don’t be sorry :wink: !

I think I could handle my upgrade if you help me upgrade my local laragon installation where the error is " ERR_MOVE_MAUTIC_2_AND_3_FILES".
I would then upload my upgraded mautic on my real web server.

But I did what you ask about the first error on the real webserver anyway.
I’ve got:

pathconf: Valeur trop grande pour le type défini de données
pathconf: Valeur trop grande pour le type défini de données
–2021-05-07 10:08:12-- https://gist.githubusercontent.com/dennisameling/169983c167f9e409e3b0970f19c89aa2/raw/181401482ab9ff7b9361ee2b40a6560cdc425aee/m3-upgrade-debug.php
Résolution de gist.githubusercontent.com (gist.githubusercontent.com)… 185.199.110.133, 185.199.109.133, 185.199.111.133, …
Connexion à gist.githubusercontent.com (gist.githubusercontent.com)|185.199.110.133|:443… connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse… 200 OK
Taille : 1316 (1,3K) [text/plain]
Sauvegarde en : « m3-upgrade-debug.php »

m3-upgrade-debug.php 100%[==========================================================================================================================================>] 1,29K --.-KB/s ds 0s

2021-05-07 10:08:13 (41,6 MB/s) — « m3-upgrade-debug.php » sauvegardé [1316/1316]

@dennisameling Any ideas what could be the problem ? :slight_smile: