What does the LinkedIn plugin do?

I usually get lambasted on forums when I ask questions, but I need to know how and why and then I can move forward on an item.

I am somewhat new to Mautic, but not the notion of Digital Marketing. I took the time and effort to understand the Twitter Plugin and Facebook Plugin and what they offer the user. I do not see the use of the LinkedIn plugin. It might be that I do not understand the features of the plugin.

The integration was not much of a hassle, so I have it integrated and blue, but…

What does it do?

I can not do any social monitoring with it.

I can not use it to publish status updates.

I can not use it to publish articles.

I can not use it to sync contacts.

What does it allow me to do, I think an integration into LinkedIn is a powerful concept as it would be cool to be able to wish my contacts on LinkedIn a happy birthday etc. It would also be great to include LinkedIn in as part of a campaign, especially if I have the contacts in sync and I want a campaign to target specific contacts.

I however do not find documentation that explains to me how best I can squeeze all the benefit from Mautic and LinkedIn. Just point me in the direction of a source and I will read up on this. I will start asking the same questions about Google+, but I have not done enough homework as yet to say that I tried before I asked.

I did however spend significant time on LinkedIn, but can not place in my mind how best to capitalize via a suitable use case on the integration I had achieved with the assistance of the community documentation.

Kind Regards

Deon

I usually get lambasted on forums when I ask questions, but I need to know how and why and then I can move forward on an item.

I am somewhat new to Mautic, but not the notion of Digital Marketing. I took the time and effort to understand the Twitter Plugin and Facebook Plugin and what they offer the user. I do not see the use of the LinkedIn plugin. It might be that I do not understand the features of the plugin.

The integration was not much of a hassle, so I have it integrated and blue, but…

What does it do?
I can not do any social monitoring with it.
I can not use it to publish status updates.
I can not use it to publish articles.
I can not use it to sync contacts.

What does it allow me to do, I think an integration into LinkedIn is a powerful concept as it would be cool to be able to wish my contacts on LinkedIn a happy birthday etc. It would also be great to include LinkedIn in as part of a campaign, especially if I have the contacts in sync and I want a campaign to target specific contacts.

I however do not find documentation that explains to me how best I can squeeze all the benefit from Mautic and LinkedIn. Just point me in the direction of a source and I will read up on this. I will start asking the same questions about Google+, but I have not done enough homework as yet to say that I tried before I asked.

I did however spend significant time on LinkedIn, but can not place in my mind how best to capitalize via a suitable use case on the integration I had achieved with the assistance of the community documentation.

Kind Regards
Deon

1 Like

While setting up:

Enabled features

Display share button on landing page social widget

Login Button

Display public profile and enable profile to contact field matching

The next tab shows a mapping of contact fields. I suspect that when a user logs in using LinkdIn then the user data of linkedin is added to a Mautic contact. It’s a guess

1 Like

This lines up with my own guesses, although I don’t know for sure. I have not seen the LinkedIn plugin for Mautic in action.

It would be awesome to hear from someone who has used this plugin and is familiar with functionality…

EP