2.9 fixes most bugs, but upgrade didnt go smoothly

I tried to upgrade my 2.8.2 to 2.9 in hopes that it would fix my segmentation and contact upload bugs. It does fix those issues; however, my install didnt go without it’s own errors. I tried to update it through the UI and it gets stuck on the “Clearing Applications Cache” and it delivers me a partial update. It wasnt stable, so I reverted back to 2.8.2. and upgraded to 2.9 through then upgrade.php shell script. This provided me a more stable mautic interface; however, it was still a failed update. I’ll attach my error log below as I want to resolve this or I will likely revert back to 2.8.2 again before I have a frankenstein monster that cannot be updated in the next version.

I tried to upgrade my 2.8.2 to 2.9 in hopes that it would fix my segmentation and contact upload bugs. It does fix those issues; however, my install didnt go without it’s own errors. I tried to update it through the UI and it gets stuck on the “Clearing Applications Cache” and it delivers me a partial update. It wasnt stable, so I reverted back to 2.8.2. and upgraded to 2.9 through then upgrade.php shell script. This provided me a more stable mautic interface; however, it was still a failed update. I’ll attach my error log below as I want to resolve this or I will likely revert back to 2.8.2 again before I have a frankenstein monster that cannot be updated in the next version.

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ (uncaught exception) at /home/lead2crm/public_html/map/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 115 while running console command doctrine:migrations:migrate
[2017-07-25 01:24:24] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionDriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ (uncaught exception) at /home/lead2crm/public_html/map/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 115 while running console command doctrine:migrations:migrate [] []
[2017-07-25 01:24:24] mautic.ERROR: [UPGRADE ERROR] Exit code 1; Mautic Migrations Migrating up to 20170628191405 from 20160926000001 ++ migrating 20160926182807 -> insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null) Migration 20160926182807 failed during Execution. Error An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ [DoctrineDBALExceptionDriverException] An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ [DoctrineDBALDriverMysqliMysqliException] Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ doctrine:migrations:migrate [–write-sql] [–dry-run] [–query-time] [–allow-no-migration] [–configuration [CONFIGURATION]] [–db-configuration [DB-CONFIGURATION]] [–db DB] [–em EM] [–shard SHARD] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-s|–shell] [–process-isolation] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–] [] [] []
[2017-07-25 02:45:47] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionDriverException: An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ (uncaught exception) at /home/lead2crm/public_html/map/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 115 while running console command doctrine:migrations:migrate [] []
[2017-07-25 02:45:47] mautic.ERROR: [UPGRADE ERROR] Exit code 1; Mautic Migrations Migrating up to 20170628191405 from 20160926000001 ++ migrating 20160926182807 -> insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null) Migration 20160926182807 failed during Execution. Error An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ [DoctrineDBALExceptionDriverException] An exception occurred while executing ‘insert into MAP2q_companies (companyname, is_published) (SELECT DISTINCT TRIM(company), 1 from MAP2q_leads l left join MAP2q_companies c ON l.company = c.companyname where company IS NOT NULL and company <> ‘’ and c.companyname is null)’: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ [DoctrineDBALDriverMysqliMysqliException] Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation ‘=’ doctrine:migrations:migrate [–write-sql] [–dry-run] [–query-time] [–allow-no-migration] [–configuration [CONFIGURATION]] [–db-configuration [DB-CONFIGURATION]] [–db DB] [–em EM] [–shard SHARD] [-h|–help] [-q|–quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|–verbose] [-V|–version] [–ansi] [–no-ansi] [-n|–no-interaction] [-s|–shell] [–process-isolation] [-e|–env ENV] [–no-debug] [–] [] [] []