Add help info on search filter for contact notes

My idea is: While testing Mautic 2.16.1 I noticed that I wasn’t able (so I thought) to filter the notes on a contact profile. In fact, I was, but due to the decisions taken to only search from the start of the text, and not within text in the interest of speed, you have to use the % wildcard.

This is entirely not clear in the filter - there is no help text or modal to tell people this, and unless I’d thought to go rummaging on Github to potentially raise it as a bug, I would not have found this.

I think therefore we need to add some kind of help/supportive text on this screen (and anywhere else this applies) to guide users appropriately, as it’s definitely not intuitive. Or, implement fuzzy search which will have performance overheads, as I understand it.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Users of Mautic, particularly those who might not think to use a wildcard to search.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: They would be guided as to how they should use the filter.

Any code or resources to support this idea: Not yet!

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Sure, if we can figure out the best way forward!

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? What are the overheads associated with having a full search? If we can’t, then how best to implement some help text in the search filter area (see below for screenshot)