Add to Do Not Contact Automatically

I saw this feature on other marketing automation software:

• Add to Do Not Contact Automatically if someone didn’t open the last 5, 10 emails (the number can be changed)
  • Add to Do Not Contact Automatically if someone didn’t open emails in the last 1, 2 weeks (the number can be changed)

I saw this feature on other marketing automation software:

• Add to Do Not Contact Automatically if someone didn’t open the last 5, 10 emails (the number can be changed)
  • Add to Do Not Contact Automatically if someone didn’t open emails in the last 1, 2 weeks (the number can be changed)

The “Do not contact” field is a hard opt-out of all marketing activities and - in my opinion - should not be used to mark contacts as inactive. If one day you decide to run a reactivation campaign these contacts will be excluded.

There is a - again in my opinion - better approach for this:

• Use the “Data Last Active” contact field to create a list with inactive contacts
  • Use a campaign to tag the inactive contacts (or remove the tag if applicable)
1 Like

Thanks @PeterTL I’m going to try that.

The Do Not Contact field is intended for GDPR/privacy purposes: it is a field that is flagged when the contact doesn’t want to be contacted by you anymore.

@rcheesley, this should be closed I think…