My idea is:
Adding “Send a webhook” campaign action functionality to global Webhooks.
Global Webhooks could have an option to choose JSON-HMAC Mode(the current one) or the Form Mode(the one from “Send a webhook”).
I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
Everyone using or wanting to use global webhooks.
Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
Current global Webhooks have some problems:
- Not being able to use custom headers for authorization etc.
- Adding to point above, authorization from global Webhooks can only be done using HMAC secrets.
- Having to use specific Mautic JSON format that contains tons of info which is not always needed. It creates tons of unnecessary network traffic. “Send a webhook” action allow to select only data I need.
- Not being able to add some custom data to request(for example identifying which instance is sending data), “Send a webhook” allows for any value both in Headers data and Form data.
- Not being able to send anything else than POST with JSON data.
Recently I was using “Send a webhook” action in campaign and I was happy with its simplicity and flexibility that global Webhooks are lacking. I think it would be a great addition to global Webhooks to have an option to enable them to work in the same way like that campaign action.
Any code or resources to support this idea:
“Send a webhook” campaign action code could be reused. The main problem would be to merge it into global Webhooks and create a way to choose between these two options.
Are you willing to work on this idea?:
Sadly I have no free time to work with this.
What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?