All more characters in form attribute input box

My idea is: to allow more character in form attribute input box which will allow us to use one of popular framework utilities classes to style the form layout. Currently, it’s limited to 191 character and from my understanding in thread I started it because it due to db limited on search indexing.

form attribute does not need to be search or indexed so increasing the character allowed will make it easier for us those who use any of the popular web responsive framework like Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, or Tailwind CSS to style website and forms.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Those who use responsive web framework to develop their websites just by using utilities classes.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: With web framework, style can be done on the fly using just classes rather than editing css style sheet and see if it responsive or not. It will make form responsive and the layout theme exactly the same as the rest of the website without investing too much time. Another bonus is that all responsive web framework use a master site style which can be edited to change the theme of every page on site which the Mautic form would be also changed automatically.

Any code or resources to support this idea: None that I know of.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Yes to test it but I am not a coder

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? Giving feedback on this development.

I learn of this during my discussion on forum where I ran into this limitation trying to style a form for a client who use Windtail CSS responsive framework on his website and I had to create a seperate theme to make any changes on the form instead of just using classes to style it on the fly.

Here the link to the thread - How many characters does form button input attributes accepts? - #11 by leoschuler

You can either create a second input field with different data type except VARCHAR, because VARCHAR has 191 limit for characters, that’s why.

You missed the point of this …