Allow multiple email addresses for contact (i.e. secondary addresses)

My idea is:
Allow multiple email addresses for contact (i.e. secondary addresses)
see [feature request] Multiple emails per lead · Issue #821 · mautic/mautic · GitHub

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
Practically everybody

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
Reduce duplicates in cases where the same person is using multiple email addresses

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Are you willing to work on this idea?:

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?

1 Like

There’s certainly a BIG use case for this +1

Maybe this would work for you? You can create a custom field called email2 and send it using this feature…

are there any news on this?

the cc field does not appear to be something you can setup from an email or a campaign “send email” action, only to “send email to user” which is not the use case.

I have multiple emails on my CRM persons, and I need to have an email sent to every email to maximise the chances to have them being read.

Does someone know how we can send emails to multiples emails of a contact from an email marketing campaign?
@joeyk you might know about this?

Hello,
If there will be news, I think it will be placed here.

There is a workaround, but not 100%. You can use it right away, I just tested:

1. Create a custom field ‘secondary email’

2. Create a campaign and send your email to the right addess as campaign step:

3. Create another branch as send email to user.

4. Add token as address:

The problem is, that the second email won’t have a tracking image, even if you add the tracking pixel {tracking_pixel}, it won’t work :frowning:

I also tried to add the second email as CC via custom header. The problem there is, that adding a Cc: header is causing an error.

Unless someone makes a plugin, this won’t work. And the plugin will be redone in M5, since the whole email sending will change.

arf, too bad, it requires a lot of changes
I have multiple campaigns with up to 15 steps, si I’d need to add almost 100 configurations steps for an approximative result, and I have sometimes up to 10 emails per person
My mautic contact base is something close to 100k emails whereas on pipedrive I have more than 500k emails, so i’m not exploiting 400k of them :confused:
I think i’ll duplicate the contacts programmatically, I don’t see a better way to capture this potential

Sorry… Maybe in M5.

This would be useful feature for us …

In our organization, we have hundreds of contacts who have their own email address and a second separate email address which goes to their assistants’ inboxes.

You can use cc as a token. Just save the assistant’s email and add it as a token to the advanced tab.

That would work?? wow I got to try that on next email run … Thanks …