Amazon SES API Mailer not working on 3.1.0

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1.0
My PHP version is: 7.2
Hosted Server: AWS ec2

Your problem
My problem is:

We just migrated from 3.0 to 3.1, we have setup the amazon ses api with our credentials.

Test connection was working properly but while checking with test mail with amazon ses api, i got an error as “Uh oh! I think I broke it. If I do it again, please report me to the system administrator!”.

in second scenario we have checked with Amazon SES Smtp connection in which test connection and test mail working properly.

These errors are showing in the log:

[2020-08-25 14:46:50] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\UndefinedFunctionException: “Attempted to call function “bcsub” from namespace “bandwidthThrottle\tokenBucket\util”.” at /var/www/html/vendor/bandwidth-throttle/token-bucket/classes/util/TokenConverter.php line 80 {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\UndefinedFunctionException(code: 0): Attempted to call function “bcsub” from namespace “bandwidthThrottle\tokenBucket\util”. at /var/www/html/vendor/bandwidth-throttle/token-bucket/classes/util/TokenConverter.php:80)"}

1 Like

Well, i found the issue.

I was missing the bcmath & gd extensions for the php after installing and restart of the server, it worked for me.

Steps:
sudo apt-get install php7.2-gd
sudo apt-get install php7.2-bcmath
sudo service apache2 restart

2 Likes

I am encountering the exact same issue, with the same errors appearing in the log.

I have the same configuration as @balakrishnan (PHP 7.2, Mautic 3.10); only difference is that I am using Amazon SES West 2, and that I updated from 3.01.

Pasting here in the off chance that I missed some difference:

[2020-08-26 10:55:15] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\UndefinedFunctionException: "Attempted to call function "bcsub" from namespace "bandwidthThrottle\tokenBucket\util"." at /var/www/mautic/vendor/bandwidth-throttle/token-bucket/classes/util/TokenConverter.php line 80 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\UndefinedFunctionException(code: 0): Attempted to call function \"bcsub\" from namespace \"bandwidthThrottle\\tokenBucket\\util\". at /var/www/mautic/vendor/bandwidth-throttle/token-bucket/classes/util/TokenConverter.php:80)"} []

1 Like

Hi @sarttiso,

I solved the issue as I was missing the two php extension.

php-gd, php-bcmath

After I installed the package and restarted the Apache server that solved the issue

1 Like